TOEFL TASK-2 Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient

shivam1687 1 / -  
Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient. Other people say that computers have made life more complex and stress full.

What is your opinion use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

One of the miracles in the past century has been the invention of computers. It has gained wide popularity and people often wonder if owning a computer will add any value to their life. In my opinion, computers enhance the quality of life because they save time, effort and can store a lot of information. I will develop these ideas in the subsequent paragraphs.

To begin with, there are a lot of tasks which are repetitive and need to be completed in on a regular basis. These often take up a lot of time, which could be otherwise used for other activities such as interacting with your loved ones or developing your hobbies. Thanks to modern technology computers have good memory and are extremely fast at executing instructions, and hence can complete these tasks much faster than a average human being. For instance, if you are incharge of a local store then you will have to keep track of profit and loss on a regular basis. You need this information to buy inventories accordingly. This is time consuming as well as error prone. Computers can alleviate all these issues easily, and can allow you to use your resources on some other part of the business.

Secondly, a lot of data is generated on a day to day basis at an institutional and individual level. For example, large businesses handle a large number of orders. Details about these orders may be needed in the distant future for various reasons, some of which are handling customer queries, calculating net profit or loss and auditing taxes, because of which storing such data is necessary. One way to store data is in writing, which requires a lot of human resources and space. This data are prone to physical damages and once lost cannot be restored. Not only that it is very cumbersome to process these data. Continuing with the same example as before, if i had to find list of all customers with more than 100 purchases over the last 20 years. Doing this manually would take forever, but a computer can store all the data and compute this list in an instant.

In conclusion, although computers have some disadvantages, including, but not limited to health issues, there are many benefits to using computers such as reduction in manual effort and time. This leads to simpler and sophisticated lifestyle.
The first paragraph needs to represent the original prompt without changing the content. The essence of the original topic must be retained in your interpretation. It is evident that your version of the presentation does not retain the original discussion elements in a new manner. I cannot say that this misinterpretation will be disregarded in the actual test. Not even if your thesis statement was properly developed and presented.

The discussion paragraphs reflect the discussion instructions but the concluding summary does not. There is a continuation of discussion points in this section when whatis required is a summary of the previous discussion points. so it has the same presentation problems as your opening paraphrase.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL TASK-2 Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient