People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing

pier 11 / 37 9  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

doing some undesirable things

People face several situations in their life that they have to deal with it. So, I agree that there are occasions where people should do things that they are reluctant to do. They should do it to protect their family, achieve a goal, or they have no other options. These are very common situations where people should abandon their joy for a bigger benefit.

Family members are among the most important persons in our lives, so sometimes we should do things that are not enjoyable to us but makes their life more convenient. For example, my uncle has to work when he was only fifteen. He did not like it because he loved to go to school. But at that time, he has decided to protect his family and therefore started working in a factory near his home.

Moreover, sometimes you have an important goal in your life that you have to undertake many things for it. For example, an astronomer should go through several difficulties to be an astronaut. An astronomer has to study for years to be ready for it. And then he or she has to do several fieldworks which seem unfavorable to many people. Despite these difficulties, they go all the way through it to reach their goal.

Another situation comes when you have no other option. For instance, when you are in a foreign country and you have run out of money. Instead of being poor, you prefer to do any job, no matter how hard it is. You do it because at the time you have no other option except standing on your feet.

In conclusion, there are several situations that an individual should do undesirable things. However, the cause is not so important because by doing it you show that the life is such a precious thing to you.

[307]
littlepony 1 / 2  
Overall it is good but I don't think the example is really related with the topic. Maybe you have to be more detail or use the other word to describe the example. Good luck!
duynguyen1808 1 / 2  
Yeah, I agree that there are cases people have to do things they don't want to. I know, life is not fair sometimes, but you need to use both your mind and your soul to find the best remedy for your life and your loved ones'.

Overall, this is good as a brief essay that reaches the topic. But the example is too simple to stand out as a situation for the essay. You can work more on it to emphasize more.

Home / Writing Feedback / People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing