Some people spend more time reading books while others prefer to watch television.

TD1 1 / -  

books vs TV

Some people spend more time reading books while others prefer to watch television. Some people believe that the former group is more likely to create creative imagination and a much better grasp of languages skills. Do you agree or disagree?

It is said that books and novels the imagination and language skills much more than any TV program. I believe that, no matter what modern technologies are used on TV and TV media production, books are always better than TV. The reasons are simple, books improve more creative imagination than TV does.

First of all, we have to admit that TV has its own impact on creativity and language skills. Because, TV programs has visual and auditory effects which is good for visual and auditory learners. Also, special effects exert positive impact on viewers and make them more creative . The next impact of TV is that, television programs can be exposed to languages through images and sounds which will boost reflexive abilities of learners which is crucial for babies or people which are new to a language. Another positive effect of TV is allow people to copy native style of spoken foreign languages which will meliorate their communicative language skills.

On the other hand, there are more inclined toward books, First, there are no motion pictures, it will force readers to brainstorm to understand the contexts of the stories and their creativity and imagination will be sharpen. For example, the Harry Potter series of novels have allowed fans to create and construct their representation of the wizard world that is filled with magic and spells. The next reason to choose books is the information on TV often made dumbing down to be understood easier which will not a thought-provoking way. Next, books allow you to live in a make-believe world which is a form of escapism after a hard day of work. Also, when you are reading books, you will have an omnipresent access to languages, this is a important aspect of learning languages. The last reason for you to choose books is you can improve your writing skills when you are reading books. For instance, you can copy the way a writer write by reading their books.

In conclusion, reading books is by far superior to watching TV in terms of creativity and language development because reading gives people total control of their minds. In a world flooded with information, the ability to control your thoughts is the key to improve oneself.
The writer must take note of the 300 word advised maximum word count for this 40 minute task to avoid increased writing errors in the presentation. At least 5 minutes must be alloted for editing and proofreading prior to submission.

The writer shows a limited vocabulary based on his inability to use other words in place of books. Words such as, paperback, manuals, publications, and handbook, to name a ftersynonyms, would have shown a wider vocabulary for LR scoring. The first sentence of the paraphrase is nota complete thought process.It is meaninglessThe writer also did not provide a direct response to the question. Though implied, it still needs to be stated directly for scoring purposes. Do not attempt to be condescending to the examiner. There are already several reasons to fail your score based on the first paragraph alone.

The overall discussion does not present a clear opinion either. A comparative neutral discussion does not respond to the direct question. One opinion must be chosen and properly justified.
Nhatminh2110 2 / 5  
@TD1
The first sentence is incomplete, it lacks of verb.
Because- this linking word is used inappropriately, u can eliminate it or use another linking word that is more proper
chipper269 3 / 4  
In the first paragraph, the word TV has to be plural, I think.
Some verbs, like "expose" in the second paragraph seem incorrect, "teach"/"convey" or "impart" could be more appropriate

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people spend more time reading books while others prefer to watch television.