Some people think that GM crops are a positive development. Others argue that they are dangerous

Cay nho 3 / 6  

GM food : benefits and drawback

Some people think that GM crops are a positive development. Others argue that they are potentially dangerous. Discuss both views and give your own opinion

With the fast development of technology, GM crops are prevalent in modern-day society. Some people argue that these crops are a significant advancement while others claim that they are associated with potential problems. Both viewpoints will be discussed and critically evaluated before a final conclusion is drawn.

On the upside, there are plausible reasons why people advocate the development of genetic modification. To begin with, it provides the food security for people all over the world. Recently, while many cities are now facing with worldwide problems such as overpopulation and catastrophe, it is essential to cater the sufficient amount of food for the underprivileged who struggle with disastrous effect and impoverished conditions. In addition, transgenic crops can promote food quality and hygiene at desirable attributes m. Since the modernization and industrialization society is developing rapidly, GE food is beneficial from enhancing higher nutrition, productivity and having longer storage time. Therefore, the standard of living considerably improves.

On the downside, there are strong arguments against the use of GM crops. Firstly, they are potentially dangerous for human health. In spite of an abundance of strict testings, scientists can not guarantee the safety of these bio-technological products. People are at long- term of risks which can raise the question of food quality. Furthermore, biotechnology can pose threat to the environment. The use of these crops can reduce the variety of strains which banishes the nutrition in soil. As a result, there is a imbalance in the ecological system which causes catastrophic consequences and other serious problems.

In conclusion, it is true that GE food is a double-edged sword that may enable or hinder development. In my opinion, people should find solutions to maximize the advantages and alleviate the disadvantages.
jessiemkay 1 / 1  
maybe explain what a gm crop is first, before abbreviating. it helps for people who are unfamiliar with the term.
in your conclusion, did you mean GM instead of GE?

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people think that GM crops are a positive development. Others argue that they are dangerous