IELTS;Some people think history has nothing or little to tell us

shreyansh 4 / 8  
TASK: Some people think history has nothing or little to tell us, but others think that studying the past history can help us better understand the present. Please discuss the two views and give your own opinion.

Ancient history is the most valuable possession of mankind and is being preserved in the form of books and artifacts. Some believe that history does not help in the current trend while others think that it is useful to progress in the present life. I give my view though following explanations.

Past events will give a clear picture of transformation of primitive era into the modern world which will show the importance of previous generations' participation in such qualitative change. In addition, it will create a sense of inspiration especially among young generations when they got the knowledge about their fore-fathers achievements. Likewise, modern scientists are implementing old scientists ideas in many researches. As an example, computer is the one of the greatest inventions and number of models are being designed which are entirely based on the basic principle developed by Charles Babbage from 18th Century.

On the other hand, humans should not have take a step ahead without knowing the past. History is the root to know about the evolution of human-beings. We should not have developed genetic engineering which helps in many gene related cancers and it became possible only with knowledge shared by our previous great experimenters.. Similarly, Indians celebrate Independence Day as their national event . They should not have participated in that special event without knowing the significance of that day. So, it is very important to know about our rich history.

To summarize, I can say that history is the crucial tool in widening our knowledge about the past, present and future.
gmad06 20 / 151 55  
TASK: Some people think history has nothing or little to tell us , but others think that studying the past history can help us better understand the present. Please discuss the two views and give your own opinion.

Which paragraph in your essay discusses the highlighted statement?
OP shreyansh 4 / 8  
i think i have to focus on question first. thanks for the guidance
Ancient history

Yoyr prompt refersto history which can be both ancient or recent. So it is wiese not to narrow it down.
Also, you better state your opinion in the introduction itself. Generally, it is good to follow the following format for the intrduction;
Hook, Background of the issue , Your position
ojhel - / 2 1  
There are some grammatical errors in a few sentences causing problems to convey the exact meaning, however, linking words are used well. Also, you could have written a few more sentences in conclusion paragraph.

"I give my view though following explanations".
"On the other hand, humans should not have take a step ahead without knowing the past."

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS;Some people think history has nothing or little to tell us