Some people think that intelligence is innate while others claim that we can improve it by learning

Iris HSIEH 2 / 2 1  
Task 2:
Some people think that intelligence is innate while others think that we can improve our intelligence through learning.

Discuss both sides and give your opinion.

Genius is either born in nature or can be trained is a contradictory problem. Some believe that the talent is a gift from the god while others believe that intelligence is a lifelong accumulation of learning. I support that people are able to level up their smartness, given that in most cases, the potentials can be nourished through learning.

Intelligence is a capacity that how people tackle with the amount of knowledge to apply in specific fields, therefore it probably borns with a higher level than average people but hard to upgrade without learning. In society, people admire someone with high intelligence quality because those people are keen on study and always are fast -learners than others. As the world famous inventor Edison said, "A genius is composed of 1% talent and 99% efforts". That is, person with outstanding ability are consider to be diligent and willing to find their potentials in progress.

On the contrary, some people assert that intelligence is a gift from the god and everyone's talents are determined by biological results since we are passed down genes from our ancestors. Innate capacity for humans are a strength since smarter people owns more space in their brains that means they are more likely to memorise more than others.

It is fair to say that people have excellent nature are more likely to own more chance to maintain their talents, and that is why the social classes are hard to be breakdown when the elite have absolutely benefits than commons.

In conclusion, both sides of how intelligence develops states different angle of people judge elites. In my view, life is a long run, the innate capacity gives different begins to everyone. When normal people embrace their own talents, it must be a second chance to improve their intelligence on the roads.
The personal opinion of the writer is not clearly stated in the discussion paragraphs. Though general and group viewpoints are clearly seen, the personal opinion of the writer based on correct first person pronoun usage cannot be found. This delivers a weaker discussion development and indicates a missing discussion point based on the 3 opinion presentation. Had the first reasoning paragraph used first person references, the first person discussion requirement would have been met. Right now, the presentation is under developed because of the incorrect presentation format.

While the sentence structures are not very well done, there is still a semblance of writing control to be found.That made the overall presentation understandable just the same. More sentence writing exercises can help improve the writer's score in that aspect.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people think that intelligence is innate while others claim that we can improve it by learning