Some people think the money spent on developing technology for space exploration is not justified

paradis_149 3 / 6  
Some people think the money spent on developing technology for space exploration is not justified. They are more beneficial ways to spend this money.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

There have been endless arguments about the amount of money spent on outer space research. While I support the view that the investments given to these works should be allocated for other problems on Earth, I also agree that space exploration is essential and worth the cost.

On the one hand, space discovery is of importance in developing human's civilization. Indeed, studying about the zero-gravity space has expanded human's knowledge, contributing to the technological advancement. The most notable invention to illustrate that is satellites. Satellites communication has provided GPS and the weather forecast, two crucial tools that have been widely adopted in modern society. What's more, space exploration enables human beings to establish a new society on another planet, which would be a big leap in human's civilization. For these reasons, space studying is not a drain on the economy.

On the other hand, it is claimed that space research expense could be used more beneficially. In fact, human beings have been facing acute problems which require immediate actions. On this account, if millions of dollars were put into crop development, education or other pressing issues, a good many lives would be saved. In other words, these serious concerns cannot be ignored and less spent compared to space exploration.

To conclude, I believe space expedition work is essential and has benefited humanity, however, the money on these studies should be also invested into tackling global problems so as to maintain a balanced society development.
You forgot that the minimum word requirement for the task 2 essay is 250 words. You wrote a mere 244 words. Just imagine how many percentage points will be deducted from the overall score just because you missed out on 6 words. Every scoring consideration counts so missing out on something as simple as the word count will really have an effect on your final score, regardless of how small the number of missing words are.

You have changed the prompt discussion requirements. By adding information that is not required in the original discussion instruction, you have created a prompt deviant essay. Please refer to the following to see how you changed the discussion parameters which have led to the essay no longer responding properly to the prompt / the response is not in the expected format:

OT: Some people think the money spent on developing technology for space exploration is not justified.
Reason: They are more beneficial ways to spend this money.
Question: To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Your version:
YT: There have been endless arguments about the amount of money spent on outer space research.
Reason: None provided based on the original discussion
Response: I support the view that the investments given to these works should be allocated for other problems on Earth
Deviation: I also agree that space exploration is essential and worth the cost.

There is only one question being asked: To what extent do you agree or disagree that the amount of money spent on space exploration is justified? If yes, why? If no, then how do you think the money should be spent to benefit others? Perhaps it is a response formatting problem. It is always better to refer to your extent response in the following manner, or variations of this response:

I agree with the given discussion based on the reason that...
I disagree with the statement to the extent that space exploration is essential and worth the cost.

You have to offer a clear singular response upon which your discussion paragraphs will be built. This is a single opinion essay so you have to show a clarity of your opinion and a clear singular side to defend in the presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people think the money spent on developing technology for space exploration is not justified