Some people think that newspapers are the best way to get news. However, others believe that they...

emmawattson 2 / 4 1  
Some people think that newspapers are the best way to get news. However, others believe that they can get news better through other media platforms.

Discuss both views and give your opinion.

In current times, we can obtain information and keep up with the latest news through newspapers and magazines. Nevertheless, some people approve with the idea that it is no longer the best way to get news due to the proliferation of online news source. I completely agree with this viewpoint for some following reasons.

On the one hand, it is so common that newspapers still play an integral role among the newsreader even though we are living in a digital world. The newspaper came to the public in the earlier time than any other genres of communication. Thus, to most people, especially senior citizens, have developed the habit of reading a piece of news on a mundane or before starting a new day and they do not want to lose this tradition. Moreover, newspapers are considered to be more reliable compared to other news source of information these days. They believe that newspapers and magazines are invariably in their best version, written by professional journalists, meticulously checked and edited before publishing.

On the other hand, the Internet has gradually become an increasingly dominant news source by virtue of the significant changes it brings to our lives. With a highly technological device such as smartphones, laptop or tablets and internet connection, everyone are capable of accessing a substantial number of online websites just in a few clicks. Besides, people have a wider range of choices which platforms to acquire efficient information thanks to the development of the Internet. They are able to access to Facebook, Youtube, Instagram or Snapchat to keep up with the up-to-date news across the globe in a few minutes. It has revolutionized dramatically the way we catch up the news due to the constant advancement, which has made it possible to uploads online videos and auto recordings to meet up with a huge number of people, especially the youth target.

In conclusion, although agree that printed newspapers always play an essential role in our society, I would argue that online is a better choice in term of technology like this hi-tech era.
Your prompt paraphrase is inaccurate. You have not properly responded to the given discussion requirement. Compare what the original instruction is and what your response was:

OP: Discuss both views and give your opinion.

YR: I completely agree with this viewpoint for some following reasons.

The correct response is:

CR: Using an analysis of the two ideas behind the more valid news source, I will present my own assessment of the discussion.

Based on the given topics for discussion ( newspapers is the best place to get news, other sources are the best way, personal opinion), the reasoning paragraphs should have been represented in 3 stand alone paragraphs representing each point of view. You only represented your personal point of view throughout the essay. That is the conclusion the examiner will come to due to the lack of 2nd or 3rd person / person plural references in the topic sentences for the reasoning presentations.

There are also no arguments in these essays. There are only discussions. Examiners hate it when the students exaggerate in the presentations. Keep is simple and casual, just discussions, opinions, thoughtful exchanges of ideas. Never use inflammatory terms like argue, debate, heated discussions, and other similar inflammatory references in your essays.

Keep your essays between 270-290 words. Bear in mind that you are practicing by typing on a computer screen but you will be writing in a booklet at the testing center. So use the written form of essay writing for the discussions. You will see that you cannot write as many words in manual form. Use a timer and hand write the essay. You will see exactly how many words you will be able to write for a given essay topic. Just type it into the box when you post it here for review.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people think that newspapers are the best way to get news. However, others believe that they...