Some people think that schools should choose students according to their academic abilities

lengoclan1512 1 / -  

The selection of students by Universities

Many people are of the idea that schools should contain mixed ability classes, while some think students are better off being selected due to their academic capacities. However, I strongly believe that it is more beneficial for pupils to study in classes of various abilities.

On the one hand, streaming students according to their knowledge level of fields has its own benefits. Firstly, it reduces the burden of teachers in choosing a teaching method which needs to match every learners. Since pupils have to meet all the basic criteria to enroll in a course, the difference between their knowledge is not too big. Therefore, lectures could bring up an efficient curriculum for a whole class without excepting anyone, leading to effective control and timely weakness surmounting. Furthermore, this environment highly cultivates talent and boost learning process. Studying in a class full of people with the same ability, a person would want to make a distinction and prove himself of herself, which ultimately creates a competitive atmosphere to motivate others.

On the other hand, a wide range of abilities gathers in a class facilitates all-round development of students. They approach a good condition for personal fulfillment which is driven by their peers' impact. Classmate could share knowledge in distinct areas, learn new things from other and even discover hidden talents. That results in the fact that students would diverse their capacities, become versatile later in life. For example, a pupil who is good at science but weak in communication, that one can address the problem by learning from his friends.

To sum up, students can take advantage of being selected due to academic level as well as mixed class. However, I support the idea that a variety of abilities in a class is a contributing factor of comprehensive development.
Your discussion is not properly developed. That is because you are not dividing the discussion paragraphs based on the 3 sets of information discussion that you should be presenting. You need to take note of the discussion requirements within the original prompt and present each topic as an individualized discussion paragraph in the essay. That means, for this essay your reasoning paragraph should explain, from the public point of view, as indicated in the original prompt:

Reasoning Paragraph 1: schools should contain mixed ability classes
Reasoning Paragraph 2: students are better off being selected due to their academic capacities
Reasoning Paragraph 3: Personal opinion

You are not advised to indicate a personal opinion within the opening paraphrase as you will not have met the comparative discussion requirements of this essay at that point. The personal opinion should indicate that you considered the good and bad points of each public point of view before you came to a personal opinion or conclusion regarding the discussion. Develop the personal opinion as a full single, stand alone paragraph. Make sure that you fully develop the discussion separately from the other 2 stand alone paragraphs so that your essay can be seen by the examiner to be fully developed and scored accordingly.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some people think that schools should choose students according to their academic abilities