Should people be treated by what they have achieved or what they are capable of?; SAT essay

smartfeet 1 / -  
Prompt - Should people be treated according to what they are capable of achieving instead of what they have actually done.
"We don't reallk know what a person can so until he has done it". In a performance oriented world however society treats one's past deeds as glimpses of the future. The ground braking figures in society, literature or science up until the present day have all been and continue to be fostered by valueing the potential over past achievements.

The man who lead the world to rediscover non-violence and peace in fact had not always been an achiever. Starting out as an amatuer barrister in South Africa, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was just another youngster in search of a secure livelihood. It was by chance that he decided to adopt the cause of equality, that too only upon his own humiliation. His beneficiaries: victims of aparthied, restrained from judging the novice and bolstered his attempts to gain liberty after seeing hints of his potential from the oppressive regime. Had they rejected him for the lack of past achievements, India wouldn't be the republic it is today.

In the world famous play" Les Miserables" the sagacious Bishop discerns Jean Vilejeous chances of becoming a better man, while at the Bishop's house in a bid to escape fromt he police. Jean shows remorse for the sin he had committed in the past. Having faith in his own judgement, the wise Bishophelped the convict run away to Paris, so he could turn over a new leaf there.

If the examples of Gandhi and the Bishop are too high in stature to connect with, an example from my experiences at my music school might perhaps be more convincing. Every student ranging from the senior most tenor voice to the meek soprano is treated well irrespective of their credits and awards. IMportance is given to those students however who show immense dedication to the art.

Though past deeds or lack there of may project a precarious future the spark in the fireplace foretells how big the flames may be.
saiai24 2 / 4  

"We don't really know what a person can so until he has done it". In a performance oriented world, however, society treats one's past deeds as glimpses of the future. The ground breaking figures in society, literature or science up until the present day have all been and continue to be fostered by valuing the potential over past achievements.

The man who led the world to rediscover non-violence and peace in fact had not always been an achiever. Starting out as an amatuer barrister in South Africa, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was just another youngster in search of a secure life . It was by chance that he decided to adopt the cause of equality, that too only upon his own humiliation. His beneficiaries: victims of aparthied, restrained from judging the novice and bolstered his attempts to gain liberty after seeing hints of his potential from the oppressive regime. Had they rejected him for the lack of past achievements, India wouldn't be the republic it is today.

In the world famous play" Les Miserables" the sagacious Bishop discerns Jean Vilejeous' chances of becoming a better man, while at the Bishop's house in a bid to escape from he police. Jean shows remorse for the sin he had committed in the past. Having faith in his own judgement, the wise Bishop helped the convict run away to Paris, so he could turn over a new leaf there.

If the examples of Gandhi and the Bishop are too high in stature to connect with, an example from my experiences at my music school might perhaps be more convincing. Every student ranging from the senior most tenor voice to the meek soprano is treated well irrespective of their credits and awards. Im portance is given to those students however who show immense dedication to the art.

Last sentence is confusing
koraykirdinli 3 / 7 2  
hat they are capable of achieving stead

In my opinion, you should seperate don't as do not for the formal essays.

Home / Writing Feedback / Should people be treated by what they have achieved or what they are capable of?; SAT essay