[WRITING TASK 2] Nowadays people use bicycles less as a form of transport.

currybon 1 / -  

what can be done to encourage people to use bicycles more?

It is true that the number of bike users is significantly decreasing in the modern era due to the development of advanced vehicles such as cars, motorbikes. This essay would attempt to cast light on the primary causes of this situation before outlining some viable solutions to motivate them to spend their time on cycling.

There are several reasons why the usage of bicycles today is less than in the past. First and foremost, in the 4.0 era, people are getting busier with their jobs. Thus, individuals have a tendency to use modern transport such as automobiles, motorbikes or public transport which are obviously faster than bicycles. In addition, in some countries, including Vietnam, there are few cycling lanes, not even. Therefore, cyclists could witness some difficulty in traffic.

However, several measures could be taken to encourage people to use this form of transport. The first solution is that the governments should increase taxes on motorbikes or cars. In Australia, for example, the authorities have raised taxes on gasoline to stimulate their citizens to use environmentally-friendly means of transport. Simultaneously, reducing air pollution which is caused by the emission of transport using petrol. Furthermore, governments should spend money in the state budget on expanding cycling lanes and impose the rules of those lanes. This will urge individuals to utilize bicycles. Finally, the price of bicycles should be decreased by bike companies to help inhabitants buy those items easier.

To conclude, there are various reasons for the use of bicycles going down, and appropriate steps need to be taken to tackle this problem.

• Question
It is true

Since this is a personal opinion rather than a part of the original presentation, it should not be included in the topic restatement. The writer is not being asked about the validity of the claim being made in the topic. He should not be offering any information that does not adhere to the original presentation requirements as these will result in a TA scoredown for himself.

This essay would attempt to cast light on the primary causes

The writer was provided with 2 direct questions that would be used to assess his ability to deliver a 2 sentence response. One for each question. He is not being asked to restate the questions and how the essay should be discussed. These are considered irrelevant sentence presentations and will further lower the TA score which is based on the ability of the student to restate the prompt and offer direct opinions through topic sentence responses. The TA score is on track to receieve failing marks at this point.

There are several reasons why the usage of bicycles today is less than in the past.

However, several measures could be taken to encourage people to use this form of transport.

Rather than restating what the discussion topic will be, provide an anchor topic sentence instead. Do not rely on empty fillers or sentence extenders as the examiners will score down those sentences. When you do not manage to deliver direct responses, the paragraph will be considered under developed in terms of discussion, reasoning, and example presentations.

To conclude

There are less than 40 words in this presentation. It should have at least 40 words and 2 sentences for it to be scored as a complete and accurate summary of the previous discussion. This is too short and will qualify as a fully developed conclusion. Aim to write at least 3 sentences for the concluding paragraph.
Abby210 2 / 3  
The writer should meet the requirement exactly by replacing the first sentence with repeating the original presentation, the personal option shouldn't be added. The essay should be lengthened. The writer needs to add stronger proof.

Home / Writing Feedback / [WRITING TASK 2] Nowadays people use bicycles less as a form of transport.