Why people work? Money or Pleasure

fikri 5 / 317 71  
People work because they need money to live. What are some other reasons that people work? Discuss one or more of these reasons. Use specific examples and details to support your answer.

Nowadays, the workers' expectations have changed. People go to their job for more than one reason. Of course, they work to earn money for their family members. However, some workers go to work for other reasons.

This era, there are groups of people who work just for their hobby. It happens to some professional football players, musicians, racers, and so on. Valentine Rossi, for example, he works with several different brands of motorcycle because he wants to try the sensation in different types of motorcycle. As a result, this could improve his skills in riding motorcycle. What is more, he helps more than one team as well to develop the technologies that they are developing in the motorcycle which is used by Valentino Rossi.

Also, the other rich people work for different reason. They work for their happiness. They could feel happy when they work even though they do not need more money that they got from their job. Fico Kaiser, for example, he builds his company to help other people who do not have enough money to solve their health problems. Fico's company produces natural medicine which made by some health resources that he found from his country, Indonesia. He feels satisfied when he successfully helps Indonesian societies who have dangerous disease. He has an amazing juice which called 'Xamthone' which has many functions to kill many strong diseases.

In my opinion, both of them have different expectation for working because they have already passed long process of life which set their mind uniquely. They have passed different experiences than other people in public, so that they have unique mind set.

In conclusion, working or job is a place where the workers could get many things. They not only could get money, but also they could get happiness, friends, and also satisfying. As a society, we should love everything that we do. As a consequence, we will get more than money from our job that will bring us to a better life.
SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
It happens to some professional football players, musicians, racers, and so on

it happens to some professionals such as; football players, musicians, racers, and so on.

In my view, fikri. Your second example about Fico's company is nice with your explanation about their purpose to cure people in serious disease. As reader i felt this example still contain of profitable purpose while you say company. I suggest you to take example of social worker to represent "pleasure worker''. Some I can note like Butet Manurung (Sokola Rimba), Henry Dunant (red cross), or Mahatma Gandhi.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  

This introduction goes a little bit out of topic. Your prompt does not talk about a particular time period, I mean it does not specifically ask you to talk about the today's workers or workers of previous eras. So, do not specify a particular time period.

This era, there are groups of people who work just for theirhobby

.... I think "hobby" is not the most appropriate word. It is their passion, they love that particular field. Hobby is something you do during your leisure and you generally doesn't use the hobby to earn your living. These professional sportsmen play for money and they wouldn't have put so much effort to become so professional if they considered that sport just a mere hobby.
OP fikri 5 / 317 71  
ok,,thank you Pahan n SHanafi

I will try to make it better..
thanks very much for your advice,,this will be very useful to make my essays better

Home / Writing Feedback / Why people work? Money or Pleasure