Task 1 "Percentage of housing owned and rented in the UK"

Risty01 10 / 16 1  
The pie charts below show the percentage of housing owned and rented in the UK in 1985 and 2005.

The proportion of own and rented house in the UK between 1985 and 2005 was illustrated in the pie charts. Overall, it can be seen that there was a significant growth in the number of homes and the percentage of own private house dominated this accommodation. While in the rent types of house, the figure of council house decreased during 2 decades.

Both types of owned and rented house rose from 22 million to 27 million homes, accounting for 5 million increased over 20 years. In 1985, the most popular house was privately owned house, representing over three-fifths of all types of houses, and it was still popular that increased to a significant proportion in 2005. The figure for social housing also had the same trend that having 3% increased starting at one in twenty in 1985.

In the types of rent houses, people were more prefer to rent council house than private house
at over less a fifth and over one in ten respectively in 1985. However, the percentage of council house decreased dramatically to reach 12% then the figure for private house remained stable.

ilankelo21 36 / 41 22  
Hi Risty, one of the most important skills in writing task 1 is the outstanding ability to group the data well. As noticed in your essay, this writing is less structural order. I strongly suggest you to divide the data based on particular criteria either according to the items or based on the year. However, in this essay, I much prefer to group data based on the items as it would be easy to organize. So, in paragraph one, the data showing an increase trend can be exclusively described by preceding the initial year, then it is followed by the last year. This can be implemented as well to remaining figures indicating a downward or stable trend.

Well, that is all my suggestion and I hope this will play dividend for your better improvement in writing skills.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 1 "Percentage of housing owned and rented in the UK"