IELTS 1: The percentage of numerous functions that mobile phone owners took advantage of

ashleytran05 1 / -  

IELTS Writing Task 1: Mobile Phone Features

The given table displays the percentage of numerous functions that mobile phone owners took advantage of between 2006 and 2010.

Overall, all listed features had increased dramatically in proportion. Indeed, phoning, picturing, and messaging were top frequently used services and experienced a rise over the years. Other functions mentioned in the graph also had a noticeable growth.

The entirety of owners used their phones to contact people in 2006 and 2008, even though this figure dropped 1% in 2010. Taking photos, which was also very common among users, was used by 66% people and moderately increased to 79% by 2010. Likewise, texting started from 73% and slightly went up to 6% in the next 4 years.

Playing games and listening to music shared a similar trend with each other. The former began with 17% and the latter was 12% in 2006. Then, the proportions were almost doubled by 2010. Finally, although the last 2 factors had no figures in 2006, both of them took up the number of 9% and 41% respectively in the following 2 years. In 2010, while the percentage of filming was 4 times higher than in 2006, the proportion of search engine usage was almost three quarters.

numerous functions

Mention at least 4 of the functions in this place. That way, when you mention 3 more functions in the trending statement, the reader will have a clear idea of what the contents of the table actually are.

between 2006 and 2010

Actually, there is a 2 year gap between measurements so you cannot refer to a general timeline count in this case. Rather, mention the years individually for clarity purposes. It is important to be specific about the data since a heavy scoring consideration for the task 1 essay is information accuracy in relation to the task.

was used by 66% people and moderately increased to 79% by 2010

If the 66% reference belongs to a different year, you need to make sure to mention that. This information report is a bit confusing to the reader. Prioritize clear year and measurement references in relation to one another when referring to a heavy data based report. It will ber best for you to always start the paragraph with the year reference so that the reader has an anchor point for the forthcoming comparisons. They do not have to look for it or get confused by the references if it comes later in the presentation.

Overall, a pretty good start. You may want to consider using a scannable sentence and paragraph presentation next time. It will help ease your worry when it comes to the clarity of your information presentation in any task.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 1: The percentage of numerous functions that mobile phone owners took advantage of