Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

"the percentage of each source of energy used in America" IELTS Writing task 1

moondikasina 1 / -  
The given two graphs illustrate the percentage of each source of energy used in America during the period of the 1980s and the 1990s. The sources are oil, natural gas, coal, hydroelectric power and nuclear power.

As it can be observed from the first graph, in the 1980s, the source of energy used the most in the USA was oil, with 42 percent. Natural gas and coal accounted for 26%, 22% respectively. Compared to other sources, hydroelectric power and nuclear power were not used a lot.

Turing to the next graph, there are some changes for 20 years. First of all, the percentage of oil as the source of energy decreased from 42% to 33%, on the other hand, coal's percentage went up to 27% by 5%. In the case of nuclear power which was used a little bit in the 1980s, there is a twofold increase. There is almost no change on the percentage of natural gas.

The given graph illustrates the amount of exported wheat between 1985 and 1990. Three countries which include the survey are Australia, Canada and European Community.

As it can be observed from the graph, Canada was the country which exported wheat the most in 1985, with about 20 million tones, followed by European community and Australia. The amount of exported wheat in Canada and European Community went down from 1985 to 1986, on the other hand, Australia in 1986 exported more wheat than in 1986. After the amount of wheat exported increased during the period of between 1985 and 1986 in Australia, it steadily decreased until 1989. In the case of Canada, they bought lots of wheat from 1986 to 1988 compared to other countries and the amount of wheat bought reached a peak of 25 million tones in 1998. After the peak, it dropped suddenly and then went up to about 20 million tones. The amount of exported wheat to European Community was fluctuated during the period of the survey.

I'm a student who is preparing IELTS test and I'm going to take IELTS test on Saturday. Thank you for your help in advance :)

Home / Writing Feedback / "the percentage of each source of energy used in America" IELTS Writing task 1