The percentages of young unemployed people by age in London and in the rest of England, 1993 to 2012

ptthao0801 3 / 4 1  

changes in young adult unemployment rates in England - TASK 1

The given chart compares percentages of young unemployed people by age in London and in the rest of England from 1993 to 2012.

Overall, the adult unemployment rates in London were higher than those in other cities of England in total. Despite some drops, the percentages of English aged 16-24 witnessed uptrends, meanwhile downtrends were seen in the overall young people unemployment rates in England over the above period.

In 1993, around 23% of people aged 23-24 in London were unemployed, nearly 6% higher than that in the rest of England with a rate of 17%. In contrast, the overall young adult unemployment rates seemed much lower when those in London and those in the other English cities came respectively at roughly 14% and 10%. In general, all 4 types of rates went down from 1993 onwards.

The year 2003 witnessed a significant increase in the proportion of unemployed people aged 16-24 in London, while that in the rest of England remained fluctuated until its remarkable rise in 2005. The two proportions reached their peaks at 25% and around 20%, respectively, in 2012. Meanwhile, the rates of young unemployed English in either London or other cities stayed low over the period of 20 years and respectively went down to nearly 9% and 7% in 2012 despite their small rises in the last 4 years.

You only have 20 minutes to write this task. That leaves you with a chance to write no more than 200 words at the most. It is clear that you did not time yourself with this writing task because you have written an essay only 26 words short of a task 2 essay. It is more than likely that you took more than half an hour to write this task. You will not be able to accomplish the same writing product during the actual test. Not when you only have 20 minutes to complete the task inclusive of reviewing the content, revising the content, and polishing the cohesiveness and coherence of your presentation. I cannot review your paper properly using this sample because you have not written an essay that falls under the expected scoring requirements of the writing task. Please write a more task 1 compliant essay for a proper review next time.

Home / Writing Feedback / The percentages of young unemployed people by age in London and in the rest of England, 1993 to 2012