Permanent penalty for perpetrator has been considered by some individuals as a more effective choice

adrian21 15 / 17 3  
Many people believe that having a fixed punishment for all crimes is more efficient.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a fixed punishment?

Permanent penalty for perpetrator has been considered by some individuals as a more effective choice in reducing the level of crimes. Though there are several benefits from this, some drawbacks also need to be watched out.

In positive effect, fixed punishment will give a transparency in criminal law because it is already written in a legal law. This policy will ensure the culprits to get the right sentences based on their criminal type. In Saudi Arabia, for instance, the government stands to cut off the hands of a thief. People will think twice if they want to steal items from others because of the heavy punishment. This will reduce the number of stealing in Saudi Arabia. Therefore, the policy of fixed punishment can be a great step in order to decrease the crime rate.

However, in some conditions, this law may give negative effect, particularly there is a chance in punishing a wrong person. There is a possibility that crime can be done accidentally as the culprit did not intend to do it, he/she was forced to do such a thing. For example, a person may kill someone to protect him/herself from danger. But if we look from the law side, he/she must be punished, though actually he/she did not want to do it. Consequently, fixed punishment has weak side because it has a chance to convict innocent people.

To sum up, it is evident that the government has to be aware about both the advantages and the disadvantages of fixed punishment. It is imperative that this policy needs further discussion to reduce its weakness and make it to be a powerful policy to confront crimes in the future.
dina79 20 / 26 3  
pardon me, I want to try and give you another choice to paraphrase your introduction,

My suggestion: The big problem to discuss in several country is criminalization. The majority of people comfortable that the efficient role of model for suspect in criminality is the strict penalty to reduce the level of crime. While, there are shows more benefits, a few of people believe it has inverse too.

Home / Writing Feedback / Permanent penalty for perpetrator has been considered by some individuals as a more effective choice