Some persons claim, modern buildings ruin cities, others argue that they add interest. Discuss both!

ririchwang 6 / 5 4  
Some people say that modern buildings are ugly and are ruining our towns and cities, especially when these buildings are very different from those around them. Others say that they add variety and interest. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Recently, the success of the city is valued mostly by its eye-catching architecture. Some people think that high-rise new center is ruining cities as its imposing look which is different from other buildings can attract many people. As a result, the more people come, the more disturbance inhabitants can have. In contrast, others believe that it is precisely beneficial for the city to be famously known by every person as to why I agree with the existence of towering building.

...
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Recently, the development of the cities is valued mostly by its eye-catching architecture. Some people think that high-rise new center is ruining(use a synonym like "adversely affect", destroy, "negatively influence the harmony of...", do not copy the words used in the prompt) cities as its imposing look which is different from othersurrounding buildings. In contrast, others believe that itbuilding a city including both old and advanced constructions could beis precisely beneficial for the city to be famously known by every person as to why I agree with the existence of towering building.

There are benefits ofwhich stem from massive construction of modern buildingssurrounding towns and cities . Firstly, having an attractive building can be an icon of the city, making it a worldwide known tourist attractionand can be internationally known . For example, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, a 300 meter-high metal tower which draws thousands of tourists to itself every yearhas been becoming tourists' destination . More than that, it has even been the target of many movies' scenes . As a result, it brings revenue to the cityit really is increasing the city's income .

Nevertheless, some people argue that the ancient buildings (don't think the word "ancient" is an appropriate word in this context. The prompt is talking about old buildings not monuments. It is talking about traditional and modern architecture) which isare supposed to be the town's landmark is ruinedare threatened by the existence of modern buildings . Many a person??? is attracted to see the impressive building. As a result, the more people come, the more disturbance inhabitants can have (this is not a valid point. What you pointed out here somehow reduces old building to a lower level. You could talk about negative effects of the presence of old and modern buildings on the uniformity of a city's appearance) .

In my opinion, it is important for the city to have at least one modern building so as to interest many people. It will help the city's development. However, having so many tall buildings is not good for local people. There is no point of having those buildings to attract tourists but having the inhabitants in so much disturbances (don't forget that your ideas must be believable. Tall buildings are not made only for tourist purposes. You need to consider the growth of population all around the world, steering countries toward building high rise apartments) .

To conclude, even though I believe that modern architecture has merits to the cities and towns, the government should limit the number of the modern buildings and pay attention to historic building(not all old buildings are historic. The prompt does not ask you to discuss on palaces or ancient constructions like pyramids in Egypt.) as well

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Ahmad

Home / Writing Feedback / Some persons claim, modern buildings ruin cities, others argue that they add interest. Discuss both!