Perspective of Homeschooling and General School for Children Education

SarlindaDS_27 42 / 52 5  
Some people believe that teaching children at home is best for a child's development while others think that it is important for children to go to school. Discuss the advantages of both methods and give your own opinion.

Nowadays, several people argue that homeschooling is the best way for teaching the children and observe their improvement in studying, while other people believe that the best method for children's education is in the general schools. This essay will discuss the perspectives based on those both methods with accompanied by a reasonable conclusion.

To begin with, the several statements which reveal that homeschooling is more advantage based on its methods which exclusive and obviously private for discovering the children competency. For example, homeschooling as well known from its private teaching methods where occasionally on teacher only handling one child for certain time duration each day. Hence, there is more opportunity for the teacher to explore the best quality of the child in academic and also can give the child the best method in teaching which suitable for the learning style of the child. Additionally, according to the research of Educational Psychology Association in Britain has presented that the children who got the education by home schools became easier found their talents or more understandable with their self-competency in the study rather than the child from general schools by 7 % gap of both methods. Thus, sometimes the parents more attractive to select the home schools as the best method for the education of their children.

On the other hand, some people believe that general school is more benefit because in there the children are not only exercised for exploring their knowledge but also be combined by several methods for developing the social skills of the children. However, in the children developmental stages, the ability of social interaction in child-self is the ones of the best and the important matter of creating the optimal of Emotional Quotient (EQ). In addition, a reference from the statement of Developmental and Educational Children Association in the USA has depicted that the children who got the education by general schools method or gain the opportunity to interaction with another child in the class will be more adaptable and sociable rather than the child who not gain this experience. Therefore, the children who learning in general schools have higher EQ score by 26 % than the child which gain the private class.

To sum up, both of educational methods have each benefit for giving the best solution to increase the development of children academic skills. But the consideration of the parents in preparation the educational for their children also be needed for this decision. (404 words)
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Sarlinda,
Here's my inputs and remarks towards your essay of IELTS task 2. I hope you can follow through.

- Nowadays, several("several" doesn't represent "a half". I think that "some" is the most appropriate one) people argue that homeschooling is the best way for teaching the children and observeobserving their improvement in studying (studying what?)(comma is unnecessary) while otherspeople believe that the best method forchildren's education is better if they studyin the general schoolsthrough formal education at school.

- This essay will discuss the perspectives based on those both methods with accompanied by a reasonable conclusion.

There is no right or wrong in IELTS task 2, but if you only state the above-stroked sentence, getting an acceptable score (6 or above) is only a dream. You are SUGGESTED to OUTLINE the sentence by summarizing your idea into a phrase, preferably two phrases. Therefore, the most appropriate outline will look like this:

This essay will discuss, first, the exclusiveness and private of homeschooling, and second, various teaching methods that the children are more likely to have.

As you can see, TWO general ideas are presented in the introduction and will make the essay can possible achieve 6 or above. Remember, overall progression (outline) is needed to reach the acceptable score in IELTS. Hope this helps :)
MufliHamid - / 21 7  
Dear Linda.
Its is a good essay actually. Yet, please pay more attention to the question. You are being asked to discuss the advantages of both views (either home schooling or general schooling), AND GIVE YOUR OWN OPINION. The last question is not answered by this essay and this will lead your task achievement to 5 since it is only partially answered.

To begin with THE PROPONENTS WHO STAND ON THE LINE WITH THE ADVANTAGES OF HOMESCHOOLING, IT IS SAID THAT THIS IS MORE BENEFICIAL FOR CHILDREN TO LEARN AT HOME WITH PERSONAL TUTOR SINCE THEY CAN BE EASILY OBSERVED REGARDING THEIR UNDERSTANDING AND IMPROVEMENT IN EVERY SINGLE SUBJECT SPECIFICALLY THAT CANNOT BE GAINED BY THE STUDENTS IN GENERAL SCHOOL

Home / Writing Feedback / Perspective of Homeschooling and General School for Children Education