Pets are deserved to be behaved like the true family members?

linh202 11 / 23  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Pet should be treated like family members.

A number of families have a liking for adopting pets such as dog, cat and bird. These pets not only bring happiness to their owner but also make our society become better and better. Thus, those undeniable benefits drive me to confirm that pets should be treated like family members they have the same feeling as the humans, are usually willing to make friends with us and have a great influence on the children.

First and foremost, pets as well as humans have their own emotion and feeling. For instance, I used to adopt a lovable puppy when I was small. However, I always forgot to feed him and just kept him in a cage. One week later, he came down with a serious illness and passed away. After that, I felt extremely depressed and discouraged. From my personal angle, animals are identical to all of us and need to be cared for. Unless we are heedful of them, they will feel sad, frustrated and even interfere with us all the time. On the contrary, pets will become the reliable and friendly family members if we spend time playing or chatting with them. Therefore, all the efforts expressing our attention like building pets' care center, making friends and so forth are extremely essential.

Secondly, pets play an important role in our daily life. They are usually our loyal and honest friend because they do not know how to tell lie and betray. For example, dog is the most reliable friend of police force. He not only arrests the burglar but also detects the evidence. But for the dog, lots of investigations would have encountered many troubles. Furthermore, many trained pets assist the handicapped to do their work by themselves and help the blind to get the right direction. In addition, pets are ready to make friends with us whenever we need. They cannot speak, understand our language but at least they always listen to what we share and make fun to help us laugh.

Last but not the least; pets have effective impact on children's response to their family and community. Some children assume that looking after their pets give them opportunities to learn the sense of responsibility. To the family, they are conscious of helping parents to do the housework, take care of their babies and live in harmony with their siblings. To the community, they are aware of the importance of doing charity and taking notice of other people around them. They will learn how to share the happiness and sorrow with the others.

As a result, pets are deserved to be behaved like the true family members. It will be too brutal and selfish if we just try to look down on and eliminate them out of our life.
These pets not only bring happiness to their owner but also make our society become better and better . ---------- this sentence would be stronger if you say how they benefit the society (such as by providing securtiy, companionship etc.) rather than just saying it is better for the society.

First and foremost, pets as well as humans have their own emotions and feelings .

However, I alwaysoften forgot to feed him and just kept him in a cage. One week later,because of my neglegence and uncaring naturehecame down with a serious illnessit soon became ill andpassed awaydied . After that, I felt extremelyThis incident made me very depressed and discouragedguilty . From my personal angle,From then onwards, I strongly feel that animals areidenticalto all oftoo have feelings, just like human beings,us and need to be cared for. Unless we are heedful ofdont pay attention to them, they will feel sad, frustrated and even interfereirritated and angry with us all the time .

On the contraryother hand , pets will become the reliable and friendly family members if we spend time playing or chatting with them, pets will become themore reliable and friendly family members. ---------I changed the order of your sentence thinking it would convey your idea better.

Therefore, all theit is important that we should make efforts to care for our pets such as promoting to have aexpressing our attention like building pets' care center, and making friends and so forth are extremely essentialwith them .
OP linh202 11 / 23  
Dear dumi,

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it
He not only arrests the burglar but also detects the evidence.--I think this sentence is pretty good.

But for the dog, lots of investigations would have encountered many troubles.--------This sentence does not really make sense. You should write:
If the dog's skills had not been utilized, lots of investigations would have been less successful.

Here is the correct way to use eliminate:
It would be too brutal and selfish if we just tried to look down on them and eliminate them. out of our life.
The sentence does not actually make sense, because no one is talking about eliminating animals... but I wanted to mention to you that you should not write "eliminate out of our life"...

:-)
OP linh202 11 / 23  
EF_Kevin, thanks a lot

Home / Writing Feedback / Pets are deserved to be behaved like the true family members?