Unanswered [7] | Urgent [0]
  

Home / Writing Feedback   % width Posts: 2

The pie chart shows the main reasons why agricultural land becomes less productive


william731 18 / 43 13  
Feb 18, 2013   #1
The pie chart presents the factors contribute to deterioration in agricultural land. The table demonstrates how the three major causes, namely deforestation, over-cultivation and over-grazing, affected three areas including North America, Europe and Oceania in 1990s. At first glance, Europe was suffered the most (23% of degraded land), compared to North America(5%) and Oceania(13%).

From the pie chart, it can be seen that over-grazing(35%) is the major contributor to land degradation. Deforestation and over-cultivation have similar percentages, with 30% and 28% respectively. The rest of the pie belongs to other reasons.

Moving to the table, most of affected land in Europe was due to deforestation(9.8%) and cultivation(7.7%). By comparison, These two factors are only attributed to small proportions in Oceania, which had only 1.7% in total. While over- cultivating was responsible for 3.3% out of the 5% of deteriorated land in North America. Over-grazing accounted for the largest percentage in Oceania(11.3%) and that is twice larger than the percentage in Europe.

In conclusion, Europe is the region that are facing serious land degradation and most of the causes are deforestation and over-cultivating.




dumi 1 / 6,928 1592  
Feb 18, 2013   #2
The pie chart presents the factors contribute to deteriorationfertility level ofin agricultural land.

.... actually, the graph presents factor that make the land less productive, in other words less fertile.

At first glance, Europe was suffered the most (23% of degraded land), compared to North America(5%) and Oceania(13%).

Generally, in the introduction you give a grand picture of what it presents. Here you do not have to be very specific with figures. So, here you can be without percentages :)

The rest of the pie belongs to other reasons.

The rest is 7% :D
This is very good writing. I guess you are ready to take up the task :)
Good Luck!


Home / Writing Feedback / The pie chart shows the main reasons why agricultural land becomes less productive