ielts writing task 1 pie charts showing export between The US and Vietnam

bhanushali 3 / 4  

export between The US and Vietnam

The Pie chart illustrates exchange of various goods worth million$ between The USA and Vietnam. Overall, in exchange business from Vietnam to The US contribution of coffee is highest and that of garments and other goods is lowest. In goods transported from The US aircrafts parts seems to make to the top of the list and car to the bottom.

Coffee accounts for about quarter of the goods exported to The US ,which is the highest. Rice and Seafood share similar value in exchange business to The US of around 4.3 and 4.4$millions respectively. The export business of fruits and vegetables is around 16$million from Vietnam .Lowest among all goods transported are garments and some miscellaneous products valuing of about 2$million.

Aircraft parts are the highest valued (72$million) product exported from The US. Vietnam also imports machinery and other products of worth of 30.5$million and 35$million respectively. The least value is added by car to the export business which is of around 6$million. Fertilizers contribute 16$million and cotton around 12$million to the exchange business.

The writer inappropriately identifies the comparison images. The inaccuracy lies in the number of images stated and its representative measurements. The overview is confusing to the reader, who cannot see the images as the information content is obviously meant for more than one image. Incorrect reference points have a deduction effect on sectional scoring as it reduces the correctness of the restated reference points. The second sentence in reference to the trend can also use a better sentence structure for clarity sake. Proper use of punctuation marks would have provided that needed format.

A clear identification of the currency type and internationally accepted currency writing format should have been provided. There are several versions of the dollar internationally and businessowners prefer a clear currency reference to guide them. In this case the US dollar should have been used in the following format:

US $ XXX .XX

This is the more widely standardized and accept currency writing method. The current writing style is in the European format which is normally confusing for non-Europeans to read. Since the essay is meant for a general audience, the more commonly used format should be indicated to help avoid reader confusion.

Home / Writing Feedback / ielts writing task 1 pie charts showing export between The US and Vietnam