'planning of up-to-date and metropolitan cities' - Ielts essay review

Mahmoud Saeed 1 / 1  
Hello Everyone , I hope that someone could review this essay and tell me how can I improve it.

In the modern world today, a huge number of buildings are being constructed for a variety of reasons. Typically, each of these buildings serves a particular purpose and, consequently, the design of them is dissimilar. As a result, this has created a considerable controversy whether governments should manage the designs of modern constructions or rather the constructors are ought to make this decision according to their preferences. Before a final conclusion is drawn, both of these views would be analysed carefully.

To begin with, those who believe that buildings' design should not be controlled by the governments point out that variations in buildings is essential so as to improve the general overview of cities. Otherwise, most buildings would appear very similar which will probably result in public dissatisfaction. What is more is that it is generally accepted that this is one of their rights, especially in the age of freedom, nowadays.

On the other hand, supporters of authorities management of buildings' design maintain that planning of up-to-date and metropolitan cities is a matter of public concern. They argue that the regimes would create far more sophisticated plans for cities that, generally, the cities would be more organized and deciplined where each building function as a part in a comprehensive unit. Moreover, real state companies could possibly construct buildings based on their budget and ignore the general outlook, to some extent.

In conclusion, there are objectors and advocates regarding government control of the design of constructions, however, it seems to me that government would better handle this matter than individual owners. It is hoped that this would be supported by most people for the greater good.

Thank you in advance.
In the modern world, today, a huge number of buildings are being constructed for a variety of reasons.

As a result, this has created a considerable controversy over whether governments should manage the designs of modern constructions or rather the constructors are better able to make these decisions according to their preferences.

Before a final conclusion is drawn, both of these views should be analysed carefully.

Otherwise, most buildings would appear very similar, which would probably result in public dissatisfaction.

On the other hand, supporters of government management of buildings' design maintain that the planning of up-to-date and metropolitan cities is a matter of public concern.

They argue that the regimes would create far more sophisticated plans for cities, and that generally, the cities would be more organized and disciplined, where each building would function as a part of a comprehensive unit.

:)
OP Mahmoud Saeed 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot Susan, this is very helpful.
cypress 8 / 18  
however, it seems to me that governments would better handle this matter better than individual owners.
Good essay.Keep it up

Home / Writing Feedback / 'planning of up-to-date and metropolitan cities' - Ielts essay review