"The playback: late night, Brooklyn.." - respone to a narrative

lovekayliex 3 / 3  
Response
In this narrative essay the story is organized by songs on a mix tape. I highly enjoy how this essay flows; it has a very unique way of keeping the reader interested, and wanting to know more about the characters' lives. I agree with the story line and how it was brought up. When I began to read it I was immediately intrigued. "The playback: late night, Brooklyn, a pot of coffee, and a chair by the window." I love how he explains the setting of where he is and what he is doing; it is very simple and very clear. I haven't seen any authors start their stories with "The playback" before, so I found that to be very interesting and unique. The author explains the life him and his wife shared before she died very well for a short story. The scenarios are very cheerful and gave me a happy high. The way he describes Renee's life is blissful, he explains it by saying "Suddenly, I got all tangled up in this girl's noisy, juicy, sparkly life." It makes me want to know her, or even be her. I want that life. When I was reading this Narrative I got the feeling that Renee had died without him having to say that she did indeed die, "The whole world got cheated out of Renee", "Renee left a big mess behind". Later on in the reading it became clear, and finally at the very end he explains her death.

While I thought that all textbook stories were boring and pointless, I actually really enjoyed reading this one and I am glad that I now have this story stuck in my head. I feel like this narrative could be turned into an amazing novel, if that did happen I'm sure it would also be a great read. With that being said, I think this reading was a very good experience and I will be reading this story again. I believe that it was lined up very well; the content was excellent and very real to me. I could imagine all of this really happening. I was very satisfied as I was reading this narrative, and after reading it. It didn't leave anything open for question. Everything was set and stone, very fulfilling. I would definitely hope that more stories in my English book are as enjoyable as this one.

Home / Writing Feedback / "The playback: late night, Brooklyn.." - respone to a narrative