Pocket money helps children for managing their future financial skills

annahatef 30 / 9 7  
Some people say that giving a smaller amount of money weekly to children will help them become more capable as they grow older. Do you agree or disagree?

financial situation - kids should learn how to handle it

I agree that children should learn to manage their money practically. Some people believe that parents should buy many items which children need without giving them money. Nevertheless some others have this opinion that young generation can support themselves for the long run by managing accurately pocket money.

I would like to start by saying, children cannot learn how to spend their money for their needs. They are very young and do not have enough information and abilities to allocate enough money for each item. They just spend their pocket money on junk food. Furthermore, small amount of money is not enough for many purchasing and if adolescences want to manage their money, they will think that money should not spend at all. Therefore, they may be hungry and they do not buy any food for themselves. By following this bad habit, their health become treat for the long run.

children can learn how to spend their money, when they are young. If parents give them money and tell them that children should not spend the whole of their money once, children will make some programs for spending their money. After some time, they gain abilities to save their money for certain periods. Also, by teaching children to list priority items to purchase, young adult can handle their financial situation.

Additionally, some small idea of money and how to manage it in early age helps many children for the rest of life. Thinking carefully about many items and try to buy all needs is a skill for which needs a great deal of practice to become professional.

In conclusion, children should learn many skills and abilities in early age practically. They try to handle some specific financial situation in the certain time. By following this pattern, parents give tips to children in the long time and children try to think about some new ways for purchasing and managing their money.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  

More attention should be paid to teach children become an responsible adult. One of the best ways is to educate them to allocate money effectively. While some people argue that this is utterly acceptable, since daily allowance is smaller. Yet, I would claim that children should be taught what money is used for, instead of giving them money .

Check out my sample intro.

Home / Writing Feedback / Pocket money helps children for managing their future financial skills