My points of view to the open offices.

Carol Li 1 / 1  

surrounding at a workplace

I think most people don't like noise because it makes us feel difficult to concentrate on work. However, I found the special points of view in the new findings.

As mentioned in the article,"The findings suggest that settings used for cognitive tasks, such as workplaces and schools, could benefit from designs that take into account the sound that's likely to be present, says Tamesue-not just the volume, he adds, but the meaningfulness, as well." As for examples, school bells can make us know it is the time for the class. Moreover, the broadcaster on the train announced the notice, it is time to get off or go on the train. They are all good examples to proved that the meaningful noises can make people concentrate on something.

It is true that surrounding conversations often disturb the business operations conducted in such open offices, the way we can concentrate on work is donning our headphones. The studies have shown that the music without lyrics and the natural sounds can enhance our work productivity.
Carol, I am not sure as to the purpose of the statement that you just wrote. What exactly is the instruction for the development of your essay? You have not provided us with much to go on with regards to reviewing your work. It would have helped if you had given us instructions and possibly, a copy of the article you are referring to. That way we would have at least had a starting point for the analysis of your work. Regardless of that though, I can still point out specific mistakes in your essay format.

It would help your essay is you mention the article that you are citing in the essay. More importantly, you have to consider what writing style you are being asked to use so that you can refer to the proper in-text citation of your work. Without the proper referencing of the quote, this will be considered a plagiarized portion of your statement.

While I will accept that this essay is well written to a certain degree, I question the validity of some of your statements as these seem to refer to implied statements in the article that you read, but lacks the proper reference or complete citation in the essay. That said, your English skills are of an advanced level and allows you to express yourself in a clear manner. The clarity is limited though because of the lack of in-text referencing and overview. I guess I would have had a better impression of your essay if you had provided all of the required materials to us as a guide. Good work though.
OP Carol Li 1 / 1  
Thank you very much. I read the article here. ( time./4590401/open-office-productivity/ ) And then I try to write down how I feel. I don't work now. I am a housewife. I am 52 years old. I learn English by myself.

Home / Writing Feedback / My points of view to the open offices.