WRITING TASK 1: Police budget sources and their use in 2017 and 2018

Pnnm604092 1 / -  

Police budget in 2017 and 2018

The table depicts where the police in an arena of British got their funding from, while the pie chart illustrates how that budget were used in 2017 and 2018.

Overall, it can be seen that most of the money were come from the national government in two years in a row. It could also be observed that the majority of the finance used to pay for the salary of officers and staff at the same period.

With regards to the table, both in 2017 and 2018, more than half of the police budget was given by the natural government which was up to 175 and 178 million pound, respectively. Otherwise, other sources granted very few money with the same amount in the couple years at 38 million pound, whhereas, the local taxes were witnessed to have a minor increase from 91 million pound in 2017 to 102 million pound in 2018 and as a result, it made a huge change in the total budget after one year.

Turning the secondary focus on the pie chart, it can easy to identify that there was a slight decrease in the salary amount from 75% ot 69% of the total budget throughout a year. At the same time, the police remain taking 17% of the finance to invest in building and transport, meanwhile, by the downward trend in salary, the police spent more money on technology in 2018 taking up to 14%, whereas it just stood for slightly under 10% in the last year.

The topic: The table and charts detailed below give information about the police budget in 2017 and 2018 in on area of Britain. The table illustrates where the money came from and the charts show how it was distributed

This is a failing task 1 essay. The major problems I found here have to do with C+C and word usage. You have difficulty in using the correct time reference points, often mixing past and present reference words in the sentence. The result of which is a confusing statement, dubious statements, and an uncertain reference point. It will cause failing marks in 3 specific sections, the LR, C+C, and GRA sections. The errors in these sections are enough to result in a non-passing score.

Some of the word usage mistakes are so obvious because you did not even bother to compare the information you wrote to the information provided in the images. For one thing, the information comes from an area in Britain (location) not British (the people of Britain). Then, you did not indicate that there are 2 separate pie charts representing each year, along with the single table information. I also have to refer you to errors in chart information reference that started with you saying "natural government" when the image clearly says "national government".

These errors are just the start of your writing errors that led to a failing score. I believe that you just rushed through the essay without any regard for your actual score. That is why you did not even bother to proofread the essay before submitting it for a review. The way this essay was written could indicate that you are not interested in actually passing this test since these sections are often the focus of practice essays. Once you fail to perform in these 3 areas properly, you cannot expect to pass the test.

Home / Writing Feedback / WRITING TASK 1: Police budget sources and their use in 2017 and 2018