IELTS TASK 2 - a policy regarding smoking in public places

ilankelo21 36 / 41 22  
In some countries it is now illegal to smoke in public places. It is only fair that people who wish to smoke should have to leave the building. Do you agree or disagree?

Many countries across the world have ruled out that smoking in the public area is prohibited. While some believe it is unfair, I would agree this notion as smoking in the public area will lead other people to suffer lung disease and create unclean environment.

It is avoidable that smoking in public area will make people in surrounding easily suffered lung disease. This occurs due to the fact that smoke produced by cigarette contains chemical compounds which are harmful for human health. A recent study conducted by several medical students from Illinois University revealed that passive smokers are highly vulnerable to get smoking-related disease that of the smokers themselves. The result of this study indicates that smoking in public area is not good for human health especially for second-hand smoke.

Another reason why people are not allowed to smoke in such crowded place is littering. This is because smokers are tending to throw their butt in any places. Taking my collage for example, every day I always find many disposable cigarettes in any rooms thrown by irresponsible one, which absolutely creates unclean environment. By this, I personally believe that inhabitants should be banned to smoke in the public place as this will create such environmental problem.

In conclusion, although restricting smokers in public area is considered unacceptable, I would agree that this is such better policy to be implemented as many-smoking related diseases and littering problem can be dealt with. Therefore, a special place in any public areas should be provided by government to accommodate inhabitants who smoke.
Linda91 30 / 40 3  
..... While some believe that it is unfairinequitable , I would agree this notion ...

..... It is avoidableit is not avoidable that smoking in public area will make people in surrounding easily sufferedgetting lung disease easily .
indah_hai 19 / 38 4  
Dear, iIankelo21,

Looking to the question above, it is comparing 'illegal to smoke in public places' and 'smoker should have to leave the building is fair'.
I think 'I would agree this notion as smoking in the public area will lead other people to suffer lung disease and create unclean environment' is not answering the question.

The result of this study indicates that smoking in public area is not good for human health especially for second-hand smoke.
This would be better if we replace with your strong statement whether agree or disagree to the question..

And, adding concern about littering may be out of topic in the second body paragraph..
Thanks
-indah-
chainuser 2 / 4  
... lead other people to suffersuffering lung diseases and createcreating unclean environments .

It is avoidabletrue that smoking in public area will makes people ...

ThisIt occurs due to the fact that smoke produced by a cigarette contains chemical compounds which are harmful forto human health.

... passive smokers are highlymore vulnerable to get smoking-related disease thatthanof the smokers themselves .

... to smoke in such crowded place is littering.,This is becausesince smokers are tending to throw their butts in any places.

Taking my collagecollege for example, ...

..., I would agree that this is such betterit is a good policy to be implemented as many- smoking- related diseases and the littering problem can be dealt with.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 - a policy regarding smoking in public places