Unanswered [3] | Urgent [0]
  

Home / Writing Feedback   % width Posts: 2

The policy for smokers in public areas like station, office and mall center is steadily restricted


Mardy17 32 / 18 5  
Feb 21, 2016   #1
In some countries it is now illegal to smoke in public places. It is only fair that people who wish to smoke should have to leave the building. Do you agree or disagree?

At these days and ages, the policy for smokers in public areas such as station, office and shopping centre is increasingly restricted in many countries. Although this notion is strongly opposed by the cigarette users, I firmly stand to agree that such a policy reduce the dire effect to the passive smoker as well as gradually reduce the smokers' dependence on cigarettes.

It is true that the presence of smokers in public spaces brings a very uncomfortable atmosphere for others around them. In fact, cigarette smoke does not only bring negative effect to the smoker's health, but even bring terrible effects for passive smokers around them. Public Health Association of Indonesia (IAKMI) revealed that around 25% of harmful substances contained in cigarette smoke enter the body, while the remaining 75% of harmful substances contained in cigarettes will be widespread in the air which can then be entered into the body of those around him. Therefore, I strongly agree with the policy to limit the space for smokers in public places.

Furthermore, the policy indirectly has a positive impact on cigarette users to gradually abandon their habits. This is because most of them who work in the public space will be limited to get a chance to smoke, thus, they incrementally begin to compromise with the situation. Take a Japan as an example, the local government supported by the citizens has established a new regulation to restrict smoking area in the public centre. This results in the improvement of fresh air and reduces air pollution caused by smoke.

To sum up, I firmly believe that making illegal to smoke in public areas is the wisest consideration in order to reduce the detrimental to others around the smokers and also encourage the smokers to leave their habit.

caro5ca 2 / 8 1  
Feb 21, 2016   #2
Hello Mardyanto! I like that you used facts and it is clear that you are against people smoking in public areas, but I think you should use a more personal approach to this issue to make yourself look more human and real to the person/committe you are adressing. Meaning, your essay should have a little more of you in it by telling a personal experienceyou have had related to this issue and the reason why you are against people smoking in public places to make your essay more meaningful. Because you are just stating the obvious and making it personal will sound more powerfull in my opinion.

Thank You


Home / Writing Feedback / The policy for smokers in public areas like station, office and mall center is steadily restricted