The Politics, Identity, and Togetherness: Elif Shafak (TED Summary)

Afdhel 14 / 21 1  
The human was created dissimilarly to appreciate, understand and help each other. The disparity of nationality should not make people despise each other. On account of the difference of nations is the power if they can be united.

It was the substance from the Elif Shafak in TED Talk in 2010. This Turkish novelist informed how her childhood experiences helped her to be able to write a fiction well. In the midst of loneliness of her childhood, the spirit of writing was honed.

He then studied at an international school in Madrid, where she was the only Turkish. In their class, there were students from various of nationalities. Unfortunately, the diversity did not always support the creation of a democratic and egalitarian class. Whenever there was something negative befall a nation or a religion, student who became representatives of the country immediately ridiculed, mocked and mocked continuously. She knew this, because when studying there, a military coup had happened in Turkey and a citizen nearly killed Pope by fire a gun.

And finally, Shafak told the story of the Dervishes building a circle outside the circle. They connect all humanity, regardless of identity politics. And she finished the presentation with an old Sufi poem: "Come, let us be friends for once; let us make life easy on us; let us be lovers and loved ones; the earth shall be left to no one."
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Pizaro,
Allow me to give some thoughts related to your TED Summary. I hope you can mind the feedback below.

- TheHuman was created (...) and help each other. (comma needed before "and" if it contains more than two objects/complements)
- On account of the difference of nations is the power...(you can simplify this sentence to make it clearer. For me, it was quite confusing)

- It was the substance from the Elif Shafak speech in TED Talk in 2010. (substance of what? I reckon that "speech" is the appropriate word to accompany "substance".)

- ... her childhood experiences helped her to be able to write a fiction novel well.
- ...the spirit of writing washad successfully honed her creativity.
- He thenThen, he/she studied at an (...) was the only Turkish in that school . (complicated subject, the correct one he or she?)
- In their class, there were students from various of nationalities. (another complicated pronoun problem. He/she and now "their" How many people are actually there?)

- Whenever there was something negative befalls a nation or a religion...
- ...a citizen nearly killed Pope by fire ashooting his/her gun.

As you can see Pizaro, there are some flaws that you should reduce. I hope you can do better in the next practice :)

Home / Writing Feedback / The Politics, Identity, and Togetherness: Elif Shafak (TED Summary)