IELTS;Popular events are essential in easing international tension

Gichki 4 / 5  
Task:
Popular events like the Football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tension and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion.

Answer:
After every four years, the world joins together to watch international sporting events such as, Football World Cup and Olympics. Certain events have always proved to be very effective in easing international tension and meanwhile releasing patriotic emotions. I strongly agree with this idea.

In today's world , the world leaders are fighting for power and economy, which has led to emerging new issues and cross terrestrial tensions among different countries. In such a scenario sporting events such as, Olympics , makes them able enough to forget all these differences and provide them with an unbiased platform for easing international tension. The five rings in Olympics symbol indicates the unity of the five continents. Athletes and sportsmen from different countries forget all the distinctions and enthusiastically participate in this mega sporting event. Even sportsmen from Palestine and Israel also take part in this event. This clearly shows how sports has been very useful in easing international tension.

Similarly, international sporting events have been very important in releasing patriotic spirits. In certain mega events, the countrymen are found carrying their flag and forgetting all the other tightness, cheering, praying and hoping for the win of their country. For example, in Brazil , joblessness and poverty is on its brisk but during the football world cup , all these shortcomings of the government are placed aside . Patriotic spirits and real love for the country emerges on the faces of the people. Even social evils are reduced to a certain degree during mega sporting events.

Therefore, it is concluded that popular events like the football world cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tension and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way..
Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
. In such a scenario sporting events such as, Olympics , makesmake them able enough to forget all

In the midst of these scenarios, sporting events such as Olympic make them to being away from tension to some extent.
Please try to avoid repetitive words. Use synonyms.

hoping for the win of their country

hoping for their country's victory
Certain events have always proved to be very effective in easing international tension and meanwhile releasing patriotic emotions.

Well, this sounds like an opinion. Instead you should have given a feel of a background.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS;Popular events are essential in easing international tension