The population at the age of at least 65 in some parts of the world

hlt306 1 / 3 1  

The percentage of elderly people in three countries

The line graph illustrates the percentage of the population at the age of at least 65 from 1940 to 2040 in Japan, Sweden and the USA.

Overall, the trends for all three figures increased, and they are expected to continue rising. Although the figure for USA is not predicted to be the highest at the end, it remained higher than the others for most of the time.

Starting at around 10 percent, the proportion of Americans aged 65 and over experienced an increasing fluctuation. This model was also applied to the figure for Sweden which began at a lower point of 7 percent. The percentage of 65-year-old people in Sweden is predicted to reach its peak at 25 percent, about 2 percent higher than that of the USA..

In contrast, the proportion of old people in Japan was the lowest in 1940, which was at the exact 5 percent. After seeing a slight drop from 1940 to around 1980, the figure for Japan started to increase gradually and is expected to rocket to more than 25 percent in 2040, which will be the highest of all three nations at that time.

kmc 2 / 3 2  
A well-organized work. You may use other synonyms for "increase" like "grow", "an upward trend".
Linh, the comparison chart would have been far more efficient with the addition of the 2 sets of overlapping points for the growth of the population in the year 2000 for Sweden and the USA indicating the same growth of approximately 14%. Then again, there is an estimated overlapping of growth for all 3 countries around the year 2030 where Japan and the USA overlap at around 13% and then Japan and Sweden also overlap at around the same time at an estimated growth of 22%.

The reason why I believe you have to be on the lookout for these overlapping information or comparative growth points is because these illustrations always ask for comparisons to be made wherever relevant. These overlapping points are part of the comparison sections to be presented. The inclusion will allow you to increase your overall TA, C&C, LR, and GRA scores. With the way this essay is currently presented, a more intricate review could push this essay well above the 7.5 mark.

Home / Writing Feedback / The population at the age of at least 65 in some parts of the world