Population in U.S state of Oregon - three counties over sixty years timeline

tamtamii 9 / 7  
The graph below shows the population change between 1940 and 2000 in three different counties in the U.S. state of Oregon.

inhabitants numbers of the oregon state

The provided line chart describes the number of people who live in three counties from 1940 to 2000. The measurement is in thousands. In general trend, the population in three regions witnessed an upward trend. Meanwhile, the favorite territorial to live in was in Washington.

At the beginning of the year, the highest population was in Washington while Colombia and Yamhill had less mark figure around 30 thousands. Moreover, there were wide gap between people who stayed in Washington and both of the countries.

By 1970 until the end of period, the increasing populations had continued and changed significantly in all features. The ratio of initial Washington figure had had three times higher than the end of figure. Furthermore, Yamhill and Colombia figures had increased considerably by the same amount by just over 5 thousand. Interestingly, population of the latter had had same amount with the initial population in Washington. Finally, Washington had still become the favorite place than the others.

Hermin, in order to create a proper overview summary of the line graph you were provided, you need to make sure that you summarize the points for discussion in it. The first step, would be to inform the reader about the names of the 3 states that are involved in the study. The next, would be the type of chart you are being asked to discuss, and finally, the type of information that you will be presenting. Your paragraphs tend to fall under the 3 sentence minimum requirement. In this essay, your last paragraph is too long. It could have been better formatted if you used some of the information in that paragraph in the previous one. I noticed that you did not use any of the actual figures that were indicated in the line graph. You also did not mention all of the years as indicated in the illustration. These summary essays need to be very precise in the presentation of information. That means that you need to use all of the references, specially the numerical references if you are to properly inform the reader regarding the prompt requirements. So, considering these problems with your essay, I think that you can expect to score no more than a 4.

Home / Writing Feedback / Population in U.S state of Oregon - three counties over sixty years timeline