Is it a positive trend when more workers to work from home and more students to study from home?

Nuong On 1 / 1  

remote learning and work

Nowadays, some people claim that remote working and online learning are becoming more and more well-liked thanks to the development of modern devices. From my perspective, while this new style of working and studying might be advantageous in some ways, I believe that it is a negative trend.

There are two main reasons why I state that home-working and home-studying are beneficial to workers and students. The first one is that those who are home-based employees may not only reduce the commute time but also ease worries about traffic congestion. Therefore, they can spend much more quality time on performing their jobs and cultivate themselves intellectually. The second one is that undergraduates who attend online courses can learn at their own pace and are able to arrange their personal schedules easily and efficiently. By doing this, they may enjoy daily full-flavoured meals with their family at home, which helps them maintain a healthy balanced lifestyle.

Nevertheless, it seems to me that disadvantages of tele-working and tele-education outweigh the aforementioned benefits for a number of reasons. First of all, it can be pretty costly to set up pieces of integral office equipment at home including high-end laptops, high-speed internet connection, printers and fax machines; thus, employees are unable to achieve full working progress because of the shortage of these necessary utensils. In addition, both workers and learners have no opportunities to interact directly with their colleagues and teammates, which makes them lack important social skills such as face to face communication, teamwork spirit and peer support. Besides, those working and studying at home have a tendency to sit or lie down in a chair are usually tempted into using mobile phones, playing computer games and watching videos. This could decrease their productivity and lead them to a sedentary lifestyle with many severe health problems. Last but not least, those who carry out their own duties at home are sometimes distracted by other family members or background noise; for instance, when a man is highly focused on his new financial report to submit it by the deadline, but all of a sudden, his children are crying loudly; thus, he cannot complete this report on time.

In conclusion, I admit that the enlargement of engaging in remote collaboration between staff and company as well as joining online courses might bring about advantages to some extent. However, I believe that this is a change for the worse since the direct interaction of working in office and learning in class is an essential part in our daily life.
Okay, you made your point. You believe that this is a negative trend. Now, stick to that discussion for the next 2 reasoning paragraphs. One for teleworking and another for telestudies. These are the only discussion targets for this essay. You do not need to focus on the alternative discussion as you were not asked to compare and contrast the points. Rather, you are being asked solidly:

Do you think this is a positive or negative development?

That is the only response you need to successfully defend in this presentation. Oh, another tip, the reason for your position needs to be based on the reasoning provided. What is the reason provided?

This is because the computer technology is more and more easily accessible and cheaper.

So for your reasoning, focus on the negative or computer technology, in relation to teleworking and learning. Even if, as the reason provides, it is easily accessible and much cheaper than actually going in to the office. While your discussion reasons are acceptable, it doesn't really relate to the provided discussion point regarding computers, not modern gadgets as you previously indicated.

Though your reasons are acceptable, and the examiner may accept these reasons, you could have done better in defending the reasons. Develop the convincing reasons and supporting examples for your reasons. Don't just keep mentioning reasons with only a single sentence representing an explanation. That does not provide a valid, coherent, and cohesive defense for your reasons.
OP Nuong On 1 / 1  

Thank for your kind feedback, I got your ideas well and will try to stick to the reasons provided.

Home / Writing Feedback / Is it a positive trend when more workers to work from home and more students to study from home?