It is neither possible nor useful for a country to provide univesity places for all young people

dangvan 1 / -  

the capacity of universities is limited

It is true that the number of universities are increasing to meet the high rate of youngsters after leaving school. While I agree that it is impossible, I consider that it is useful for the student.

On the one hand, there are a variety of reasons why establishing too many universities is not possible. Firstly, the government will have to spend more on building universities. Furthermore, The cost of running and maintaining these schools to educate the students would be very high and the government does not receive benefit from this. Second, admission would be less competitive, as such, the standard of university would be lowered. For instance, various universities have opened in Vietnam recently with low entrance grade, which leads to many unemployed graduates.

On the other hand, providing university education for (missing word) high proportion of young people is beneficial in some way. The first is studying at university helps youngsters to pursue higher education. Therefore, they will have more chances to get higher paying jobs than people who do not study at university. In addition, students have plenty of opportunities to enlarge their knowledge and nurture their essential skills in the areas they want. As a result, there will be an increase in the number of skilled workers.

In conclusion, while it is clear to see that the countries can not provide access to university for high proportion of youngsters, I believe that establishing many universities in a suitable way is useful for youngsters.
mark_o 1 / 1  
Hi@dangvan
When wroting essays, you introduce a new point in a paragraph. Example: Reasons for eating. In para 1,I will write, to eat. In para 2, to live and so on. You did not effect this in the forst paragraph. Here is the correction.

On the one hand, there are a variety ...
Firstly,
Insert Firstly or First of all or To begin with in a new paragraph.
Dang, in all instances, please remember to post the original prompt requirement along with your response essay. That will help me to better asses your written work and its compliance with the scoring rubic for your test. As of now, the general review for your essay will be given, without taking compliance and relevance to the original discussion topic into consideration. Now, your discussion is well developed and presented. However, you failed to properly expand upon your personal opinion, a requirement of the essay when you represent a personal opinion in the opening statement. It is understood that you outlined the discussion in the opening / paraphrased statement and therefore, will be presenting expanded discussions in the body paragraphs. That is precisely the reason why you are not allowed to present even a partial discussion of your personal opinion in the opening paragraph. That is something best represented in the a stand alone paragraph. Now, bear in mind that all the paragraphs need to have a minimum of 3 sentences in order to be considered a well developed / discussed paragraph. Your paraphrased and concluding statement do not follow this criteria and as such, will result in a marked down score for your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / It is neither possible nor useful for a country to provide univesity places for all young people