The power of advertising increases the number of product sales and spurs their popularity

iban 5 / 3 2  
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The number of product sales is the reflection of its popularity in community. It is utterly acceptable that people tend to buy their basic needs, although the content of advertisement is poor. However, it is agreed that create a good advertisement is the best way to pursue people to buy their product. Moreover, I believe that advertisement can be a differentiating factor in the number of product sales.

Apparently advertising their product is the best way for producers to improve their product sales rate. As such people or consumers can be persuaded to buy the products as the impact of its advertisement. A 2013 recent survey conducted by Oxford University reveals that from 2,000 people in London, UK, it was almost 80% of them thought that they should buy some products after they watch advertisement about it. While, 60% of the same respondents said that they will never buy a product if the product was relatively unknown or they have not been watch the advertisement of product before. The respondents or the consumers who took the survey told that they can get more valuable information about some products from its advertisement which made the product well-known in the around of society.

Apart from that point, to increase the number of product sales can be determine by other factors besides the advertisement. First of all, society tend to buy the product which is really important for them, called as basic need product. Society will buy the basic need products regardless of its advertisement. It can happens since basic need products is irreplaceable, people always need to buy this products. Moreover, when they want to buy some products, society eagerness are influenced by their financial condition. People with a poor financial condition should think twice and very wisely before they buy some products, as they have a limited budget. Therefore, they were influenced by the advertisement, yet they should spend their money in the more important products.

To sum up, it is claimed that proper content of advertisement is important for sellers. If they want to boost their product sales, they should create a good advertising and promulgate the advertisement. However, some people argued that the society tend to buy goods based on their will and not affected by the advertisement. Where possible, when it comes to go shopping, society should spend their money more wisely
Ihsan, your argument is quite compelling when we consider the way that advertising influences the way people consider buying goods. However, your discussion in my opinion became flawed because you discussed the basic needs of people in relation to advertising when the prompt is asking you to consider the consumer goods and the influence of advertising to make people buy it. Remember, the key word is" consumer goods". These goods are normally considered non-essentials such as television sets, mobile phones, tablets, game consoles, etc. So these are not "reall needs", which is another clue as to how and what to discuss in the essay. your inability to identify the keywords int he discussion caused you create a compelling but not prompt responsive reply essay.

The facts and figures you could have used in the essay to make it more aligned with the prompt could have been the figures relating to the rise in consumer spending on the non-essentials. For example, for this year, what was the percentage of people who bought these non-essential items when compared to the basic necessities? That comparison figure would have shown a clear reflection of the power of advertising" and as such, show the extent to which you you would have agreed or disagreed with the prompt statement.

You touched on some of these important points in your essay but because the informational foundation of your essay was set up to discuss a different prompt requirement, it did not become as effective as it could have been in your essay. Remember, always look for the key phrases or words within the prompt in order to help guide you towards the correct prompt discussion.

Home / Writing Feedback / The power of advertising increases the number of product sales and spurs their popularity