Power generation (IELTS writing task2 2 part question)

Thaithao47 1 / 2  
Raising household electricity fees is the most effective solution to the problem associated with power generation and environmental pollution.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

What other measures do you think might be effective in reducing the environmental pollution caused by power generation

While some people might argue that increasing the cost of household usage is the vitality of addressing the issue regarding power resources and environmental pollution, I firmly disagree and believe that it's urbanization and industrialization which are the main causes and there are some potential measures to tackle these problems as below.

Though it's undisputed that irresponsible power consumerism for individual purposes brings about a significant contribution to energy waste and environmental changes, I strongly believe that the median of electricity billing plays a minor factor in comparison with business and exploration activities. For this reason, raising residential energy utilities would be no avail to accommodate the issue. Instead, stricter regulations should be applied to organizations that are in conjunction with burning fossil fuels and depleting toxic emissions.

To elucidate, the environmental issue is complex and it's pleading combinations of many ultimate actions to conserve it. It's undoubtedly that the robust reliance of humans on nuclear power is the major driver of climate change. That is the reason why policymakers should apply extra costs to the activities of corporations associated with emitting greenhouse gas and chemical compounds. These substances in the environment will pollute the soil and water seriously and jeopardize the ecology as well as the species living up on it. Additionally, utilizing new types of energy which are more sustainable, such as wind/solar resources, geothermal power, and tidal energy, is highly necessary to reduce pressure on the planet due to burning fossil fuel. Government subsidies should be vitally focused on developing new technology and exploiting new resources as well.

In conclusion, human activities are responsible for environmental changes due to their power needs. Increasing fees on personal electricity usage is not an effective way to tackle the problem ultimately. Instead, sturdy legislation on business and the development of new resources would make a substantial change to the environment.
While some people might argue

Incorrect statement. It is not implied but rather stated as a fact in the original prompt. Try to restate all the information in a more accurate manner next time.

The prompt restatement ended up being quite complicated in vocabulary usage, but lacking in clarity. Improper sentence structure in relation to word usage caused this situation. It will definitely reduce the preliminary TA, C + C, and GRA scores.

and believe that ... are the main causes

This is a throwaway statement and will not be scored. As a prompt deviation, it offers a discussion topic not referenced in the original. As such, this statement will further reduce the final TA score.

there are some potential measures

This is one of the most important discussion topic responses that should have been represented by proper and clear solution suggestion topics.

The restatement and writer's opinion paragraph will receive a failing score.

The main problem with this presentation is that the writer is relying on length and word usage to pass the test. Rather than writing a direct and qquick response as required, he decided to throw the whole dictionary into the essay regardless of word meaning, proper word usage in the sentence, and discussion clarity requirements. These are the reasons the essay will not pass the test. It is just too confusing for a native English speaker to read.

Home / Writing Feedback / Power generation (IELTS writing task2 2 part question)