ESSAY: The power of speaking or writing

nhiuyen 2 / 2  

Spoken communication is more powerful than written communication. To what extent do you agree?

The issue of speaking or writing is widely debated , due to the influence of them in conversation.Personally, i advocate this point of view, and i will explain why in this essay

Firstly, we have to consider about the human mind , with expressions and body gestures , the language that we speak become more lively than ever.At some extend , it creates extremely impact on the way we grasp the information . For example, there are a lot of motivators out there speaking in front of thousand of people through their stories , they show manifold of body and face expressions in order to transfer the meaning of their speech more effectively , and highlight the crucial point which will help the listeners able to capture the information for a long-term benefit in a way that writing paper cannot .According a video TED TALK that i have listened recently, the place where many people in the world come and share their stories in different tasks,areas and aspects, a professor who said that speaking have a significant influence ,we can lower or higher our pitch to emphasize ,and if the speaker know how to fully embrace it , the potential is unlimited . Hence it is often considered more versatile.

I do understand the opposing view, which is that in some other terms of communicate, writing could be the better option. For instant , people who lack of interacting , who are more likely to write sentences which can touch readers heart and express the meaning. Moreover , writing can preserve ,unlike speech.Nevertheless, in effect aspect , writing is rarely acquire higher reaction than speaking which make speaking far outweigh writing.

Overall , i believe that speaking is the wiser course for influencers to strive for based on the effect it brings to people.

THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME
Your essay is not a very good first effort because you failed to understand the rudimentary requirements of this type of discussion. You cannot merely say you support a discussion, you need to deliver an emotional response to the question (e.g. I strongly advocate in support of this point of view). You should also have given the 2 reasons why you support the point of view, with the indication that you would be building on the discussion in the later parts of the discussion. By the way, this is not a debate, it is a discussion. Never use inflammatory words such as debated, hotly debated, argued, etc.

You must never refer to any researched reference. I do not care if you frame it as a recently viewed TED Talk. That is still not part of the suggested personal opinion, public knowledge, or personal experience. You should have framed it as a personal point of view, using either a general reference or first person pronoun. You are not allowed to refer to researched information, even if you frame it as something you heard in the past. You are going to score better using the suggested information sources as you will be able to show your proficiency in English grammar usage.

This type of essay uses only 2 supporting discussion paragraphs. You cannot alter your discussion to turn it suddenly into a comparative discussion. That will tell the reviewer that you either did not understand the instructions totally, or you changed your mind mid-writing. That will indicate that you do not have a true and clear opinion, thus failing your TA score. Use a single opinion defense for all agree or disagree, and extent essays.

You concluding paraphrase does not exist. You need to present only 3-5 sentences in every paragraph. The concluding paraphrase should represent a new prompt restatement plus the 2 reasons you provided that support you point of view.

Try to write another essay of the same discussion type but a different topic. Trying to rewrite the same essay might result in an account suspension on your part. So, don't do it. Write a new essay and you will be sure to get a new review from me.

Home / Writing Feedback / ESSAY: The power of speaking or writing