'not practical, not fair'; Equal numbers of male and female students

y0_3mma 19 / 28 6  
Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, more and more people feel the need of gender-equality rules being implemented into the educational system. In other words, they believe that universities should accept their candidates based on a fixed number of females and males. I completely disagree with this point of view.45

One reason why universities should not accept the same number of male and female students on every course is that it would be not practical. Some courses are usually chosen by males, while others are preferred by females. For example, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering courses have 80% male students, and Drama and Arts courses have 75% female students. It can be seen that males are attracted by the technical work, while females prefer the creativity. It is not an unexpected result, since those two gender's cerebral hemispheres evolve differently.89

Moreover, it would not be fair to base the admission process to courses on gender. The most important admission requirements should be based on the skills, experience and qualification one proves to have. For instance, if the maximum number of male students was reached for a certain course, it would mean that an unskilled female would be chosen instead of a smart and well-prepared male. This would lead to unequal gender opportunities.72

To conclude, selecting students according to their gender is not the most effective option, since female and male students should have equal opportunities in their university life. I am inclined to believe that both genders should be accepted into university based on their previous academic results. 46
colin 23 / 48 15  
It can be seen that males are attracted by the technical work, while females prefer the creativity.
==>It can be seen that males are attracted by the technical work, while females prefer the creative work.

Moreover, it would not be fair to base the admission process to courses on gender.
==>>Moreover, it would be unfair that the admission simply depends on gender.

This would lead to unequal gender opportunities.
==>>This would lead to the sexual discrimination.

I am inclined to believe that both genders should be accepted into university based on their previous academic results. 46
==>>I am inclined to believe that both men and women should be admited by universities based on their academic capabilities rather than gender.
Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Hi Emma,
I could see that you are using the same format of introduction paragraph in other essays as well.
Try some to have some more format in handy so that you can make use of it according to the type of essay. Thanks.

All the Best.
In other words, they believe that universities should accept their candidates based on a fixed number of females and males.

Topic talks about equal numbers, i.e. 50% of each gender and not fixed numbers. Better you try to keep an alignment with the topic always.

Some courses are usually chosen by males, while others are preferred by females.

Students' preferences may vary according to their gender. Some courses that are generally prefered by male students may not be prefered by the female students.

Good arguments and good structure. :)

Home / Writing Feedback / 'not practical, not fair'; Equal numbers of male and female students