"practical skills for the well-being of society" - IELTS Band 7 essays

lastielts 3 / 7  
Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance.Am trying for 7 in all modules.Please help me with my writing samples to improve and achieve my score. Topic:Is academic education given more importance than practical knowledge these days?Should schools should start giving more importance on this?Write your views and support it.

It is common today,that Academic education is given more emphasis than the practical knowledge.Although,academic education is vital in an individual's life it is essential that he/she has the capacity to apply the knowledge gained efficiently in their day-jobs.I believe both are essential in today's environment and society.For instance,academic education is needed for a person to acquire a job initially but to excel in that job the practical aspects like time management,teamwork and interpersonal skills are required.

For example,in my school days i was the best in academics but when it came to my personal and professional life it was not of great help.The practical things which i learnt from my family and friends helped me a lot to cope in my job and personal life.It is obvious from this example that practical aspects are more important compared to academic education.Many

rich people nowadays,had not even finished their education in school.They all have started their business ventures without education and have achieved great success in their fields.These people have gained the practical skills by means of experience.

Academic education has it's own merits.If a woman in a family is academically strong in a family she can teach her children easily.The literature rate in a country will increase if people attend school.In India,Kerala is one of the states where

literature rate is high and it is one of the well developed states in our country.I think for the development and economic growth of a country education is important.

Although,practical aspects can be learnt by experience if schools start to educate the children
about these, they can face the world in a bold manner.Therefore i think schools in addition to academic education should educate the children about the practical skills for the well-being of society.
Neeta 5 / 38  
Although,academic education is vital in an individual's life it is essential that a student has the capacity to apply the knowledge gained ---- should be "gained knowledge" efficiently in his job

Personally, I feel you have missed out the second question "Should schools should start giving more importance on this?". Secondly, reason your point to suffer your idea. You have mentioned a lot of good words such as teamwork, time management and interpersonal work but, how does it help individuals at work.

Thirdly, Conclusion paragraph is a summary of the main body. Do not introduce new idea.

Let me brief you out the structure.
Introduction- 1 paragraph. Try to define the problem if its situation topic and if argument state both the end.

Main body- 2-3 paragraph. Support your ideas by reasoning (can write a very small example) and then its outcome.

Conclusion- 1 paragraph. Summary. Do not introduce new idea.

Hope I'm clear to you :)

Good Luck

Neeta
OP lastielts 3 / 7  
Thanks a lot Neeta,i think i was not clear in editing my topic.In the topic 'this' in the second part refers to practical knowledge.I will try to implement what you have suggested in the next essay
Some small mistakes. You capitalized Academic at the beginning, and it should not be capitalized.
You wrote i instead of I in paragraph 2.

The grammar is very good. You have great skill... no big errors.

The concept you are discussing is pretty simple. You did a good job with it, though!

Many rich people nowadays have not even finished their education in school.--I corrected a small error here.

Home / Writing Feedback / "practical skills for the well-being of society" - IELTS Band 7 essays