IELTS practice - cause and effect essay; "Television at its worst"

SnowTran 2 / 3  
Hi guys, i prepare to take part in ielts exams, so i write this essay to practice and with the hope that everyone will help to comment on it. Thank you so much!

In the past, television is a luxurious item to a number of families; however, it gradually becomes popular nowadays because it does not cost an arm and a leg any more as before, so most of the homes have already accessed to it. According to scientists, watching TV has nothing benefit for people, particularly for children. They also assert that watching too much TV often does have negative effects on youngsters.

The first effect is children turn to be lazier in view of watching TV exceedingly. For example, it is time for children to learn the lesson, but the exciting film is so appealed them that they are not able to cease watching to give attention to learning. Scientists also show that children's brain does not work when watching TV but passively receive information and images from it. Consequently, they are lazy in thinking and unlikely to generate creativeness.

Another impact of watching TV is healthy problems like increasing obesity and ruining their eyes. A case in point is sitting for long hours in front of the TV screen will make the body do not move and decrease the metabolism, leading to obesity. In addition, sitting nearly TV screen is a consequence of eye diseases such as short-sighted, long-sighted, astigmatism, to name but a few. Researchers indicate that television emits blue light that also produced by the sun. The wavelength of light produced is 400-500 nm, potentially triggering the formation of free radical and injuring the photochemistry in the retina of children eyes.

Finally, TV is the reason for having difficulty distinguishing between what is real and what is not. It is a common observation that children have imitation of acting as characters on TV show. Take " chuyen la Vietnam" as an instance, a man strike himself a brick on his head, then, on account of curiosity, kids emulate the actor after watching that show ; because of this an accident happens

In short, TV has tremendous potentiality as a power means of mass communication; whereas, it is obvious that TV has bad impact on children in private and on people in general. Therefore, parents should help children to avoid it by progressively reducing the time of watching TV
johnlacoste 2 / 4  
In the past, television iswas a luxurious item to a number of families; however, it has gradually become much more popular nowadays, because it does not cost an arm and a leg any more as before(keep it simple: due to its decrease in price etc.) , so most of thethat most homes now have accessed to it. According to scientists, watching TV has nothingno benefit for people, particularly for children. They also assert that watching too much TV often does have negative effects on youngsters.

A bit too extreme perhaps. No benefits in watching TV? I beg to differ, and I'm sure many scientists would as well. Maybe say that the negatives far outweigh the positives or something like that.

The first effect is children turntend to be lazier in view ofwhile watching TV exceedingly . For example, when it is time for children to learn the lesson, but thean exciting film is socan be so appealing to them that they are not able to cease watching it and give attention to learning. Scientists also show that children's braina child's brain does not work whenwhile watching TV but is only passively receiving informations and images from it. Consequently, theychildren are lazy in thinking and unlikely to generate creativenesscreativity .

Sorry but there is so much to correct, will come back and finish this later.
OP SnowTran 2 / 3  
thank you so much for your comment. I think that it is very useful for me.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS practice - cause and effect essay; "Television at its worst"