IELTS practice - Families are a group of people bonded by blood relations

nareshkrp 1 / 1 1  
Topic:- It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be.
Give some reasons why this change has happened and suggest how families could be brought together.
Include any relevant examples for your experience.

Families are group of people attached to one another socially, emotionally under blood relation. With the time and change in life style has played a vital role to segregate families. I, herewith explain following points (Shortage of time & Family values) to brief the changes and what we can do to come up with this problem.

Firstly, Shortage of time, you can buy money with time but it is not possible to buy time with money. At present everyone is busy to maintain better life which needs money and most of the family member spends their valuable time at office or workplace to make more money. They do overtime on weekdays and spend weekends also to finish pending job. In this scenario family suffers a lot as no one has time to share the emotions and feelings. If family members are not emotionally attached how can they have strong bonding? For example, in past elders used to guide as and ask us time to time what is happening in our life. At some point of time when we need emotional support, we used to discuss the situation. Even though, they provide us solution or not but we feel relax and know there is someone to give us back up.

Secondly, Family values plays crucial role in life. These days we have single family or so called nuclear family where parents need to work to meet the demands of social status so Children left behind at home with care taker. Care taker is an employee and doing his routine job without any affection or guidance in most of the cases. For Example Children spending most of time with care takers at home will always lack to understand the love and affection or emotions. It will leave them alone in isolated family as they are future.

Finally, it is demand of time to meet social status and repute lifestyle but at what cost we need to decide it. It should not land in such a way that to whom we are passionate and making sacrifice are not able to understand the value of relation or family. I strongly recommend spending time with family, understanding them and making them feel comfortable to be part of responsible family who has faith in each other. Compromise somewhere else but invest in family to keep our future in safe hands.
naresh, let's see if I can help you clean up the introduction and then offer you some additional advice.

Families are group of people attached to one another socially, emotionally under blood relation.With the time and change in life style has played a vital role to segregate families.I, herewith explain following points (Shortage of time & Family values) to brief the changes and what we can do to come up with this problem.

- Families are a group of people bonded by blood relations. The evolution of the family unit progressed with the change in the lifestyle of its members. More work and school time meant an unintentional segregation of the family members.By considering how families have needed to evolve over time, this paper will try to present reasons based upon researched facts and my personal experience as well.

- One of the major reasons for the lack of family closeness has to do with the shortage of time. Parents are busy working to keep the family financially afloat and children need to concentrate on their studies in order to prepare for their future. Overtime at work and extra study time after school leaves very little time for families to communicate or even share a meal at the end of the day. Without the chance to share daily life experiences, family begin to lose their ability to communicate and get to know one another. So when the time comes that families finally share some bonding time, it ends up becoming a war zone as they barely know each other by that point.

- Rather than using a caretaker as an example, why not discuss the effects of divorce on the family unit instead? Divorce is one of the main reasons that the family unit has began to dissolve in the 21st century.

- You should try to develop more suggestions for family time that are not as common as the suggestions you have made now. Perhaps using technology to the advantage of family time. Connecting via FB, Twitter, or the like should help create a bonding channel between families.

As of now, this is a good essay. You just need to develop certain points and also write a concluding statement as well :-)
OP nareshkrp 1 / 1 1  
Thanks you for suggestions, I appreciate your great help.
fikri 5 / 317 71  
At present everyone is busy to maintain better life which needs money and most of the family member spends their valuable time at office or workplace to make more money.

At present days, everyone is busy to maintain better life which needs money and most of the family members spend their valuable time at office or workplace to make more money

For Example Children example, children who spending most of their time with care takers at home will always lack to understand the love and affection or emotions.

overall, you presented your points well, but it seems that you use the common vocabularies in most parts of your essay, so try to use less common vocabulary. it may increase your score
SAM2014 8 / 13 3  
Firstly, Shortage of time, you can buy money with time but it is not possible to buy time with money.

Although vangiespen has revised this part, I would like to give additional comments. Firstly, it is a fragment. Secondly, it's not academic. You should avoid sentence like this. I suppose you are preparing the academic one.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS practice - Families are a group of people bonded by blood relations