IELTS Task 1 (Practice) they traveled abroad and why they traveled for the period 1994-98

yunana 3 / 6 3  
The first chart below shows the results of a survey which sampled a cross-section of 100,000 people asking if they traveled abroad and why they traveled for the period 1994-98. The second chart shows their destinations over the same period.

The bar charts compare the numbers of visitors in terms of their reasons and areas from 1995 to 1998.

It is clear that holiday reason was the most for people comparing to other reasons. We can see that Western Europe was much more popular among areas.

According to the table, in 1998, traveling abroad by holiday reason reached 19,703 people, which was almost three times number of business, visits to friends and relatives and other reasons. In addition, traveling abroad by other reasons were the lowest just only 1,054 people. In 1996, only traveling abroad by business rose, while those of holiday, visits to friends and relatives and other reasons fall.

Looking at the areas pie chart, we can see that the majority of people traveling Wester Europe was over 18,000 people. However, traveling in North American and other areas were under 2,500 people. Overall, traveling abroad rose gradually between 1994 and 1998.
TJLuschen - / 241 203  
Could you post the charts? It is hard to evaluate your report without them.
ALDI 1 / 2  
Hy yunana, thanks for your posting and now i will give you about my opinions.

You must be remembering if you post IELTS task 1 don't forget post with the picture too. It can be helping for the other people when they want give you correction in your essay.

In task 1 divided 4 paragraph.
for paragraph 1 you need "paraphrasing the question". There are need 2 -3 sentences for explain about that chart.
in paragraph 2 and 3, it is "body", There are need 7 - 8 sentences.
and last paragraph you can give "overall" about your description. there are 1 - 2 sentences only.

i am sorry if my opinion is not good. i hope it can be helping you when you make your essay be perfect. Have a nice day. :-)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1 (Practice) they traveled abroad and why they traveled for the period 1994-98