Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

(IELTS) Could predict criminal acts from 3 years old child? Thanks~

ekekek 25 / 51  
Many scientists believe that now we can study the behavior of three-year-old children to see whether they will grow up to be criminals. To what extent do you think the crime is a product of human nature and how can we prevent the children from growing up to be criminals.

Today, the rising crime rate raises citizen's concern and scientists begin to explore the reasons of criminal acts. The opinion that children in the age of three have the characteristic of becoming a criminal in the future has been put forward by some scientists. From my own perspective, criminal behavior is a product of nurture rather than nature. Parents and the media should be responsible for the crime.

Parental upbringing background is one of essential parts for the breed of crime. Some parents take extremely method to combat problems no matter what problem it is. Young as the child is, their parents tend to scorn them loudly or beat them strictly if they make little mistakes, such as go back home lately, which hurts the vulnerable heart and mind of their child. As far as child's concerned, they don't have the capability to distinguish right from wrong, easily following the violent behavior their parents did. Apparently, the parental environment will lay groundwork for the behavioral tendency of a child in the future.

Additionally, the media is the second to be blamed for criminal acts. Journalists are inclined to report something new to attract the reader's attention, regardless of violence. Teenagers who are exposed in the media coverage which is full of bloody death incidents easily go astray because of imitation of the violent behavior. Also, individuals are curious about the new things and commit crimes unconsciously as their curiosities may easily be taken advantage of.

In order to prevent the crime, parents, the media and the government should joint efforts together. Parents should afford a good environment for the growth of youngster. Proper guidance should be provided through daily activities. Further, Media press should pay more attention to the quality of their report and avoid excessive report the bloody news. When it comes to the government, the authority should advocate a harmony society with sharing and understanding among the citizens.

To conclude, the willingness of parents, the media and the government to address the crime problem will put it on the right track in finding solutions. I am sure that the increasing crime rate could be curbed through people's efforts.

Home / Writing Feedback / (IELTS) Could predict criminal acts from 3 years old child? Thanks~