Which do you prefer? Being leader of group or just a simple group member.

alaki 1 / -  
Question: Some people like to be leader of a group. Others like to be a member of a group in which another person is leader. Which do you prefer?

For being successful, a group need to have members who know teamwork. Leader should manage team and other members should follow leader. This is the key feature of a successful group. I have worked in several groups and I have had different roles. Both of them, being a leader or a simple member, have their advantages.

A group member who is not leader, is less responsible and he has less stress. Working in group for such a member is not time consuming. For example when I worked in group for developing web site of our department, I just waited for leader to determine my tasks and I did it. I spent a few time and that was enough so I could study my lessons simultaneously. Evidently, every member of a group has relationship with several members, but leader should be in relationship with almost all of members. He should manage a lot of relationship but this is not true for other members and this makes work for a leader time consuming and stressful.

Almost all of simple members of group, can concentrate on their work. Their field is specified and this makes work easy and enjoying. They can develop their skills and learn new things. They usually work on a small area of project but this is not true for leader. Leader should know about almost all part of project and he should be aware of progress and problems of every part.

I mentioned several advantages of being a simple member. At the other hand, being a leader has several other advantages as I experienced. A leader can implement his/her ideas. Leader works as a painter and paints what he/she thinks is better. Leader can help group more than other members and he can make members interested. Leader determines and changes group direction.

During managing a group, leader introduce with a lot of people. This is one of important advantages of being leader. Leader can use this feature in future if he would be successful and the group can finish it's duty completely.

Leader can learn a lot of skills which are not taught in any class. I faced with difficult situation when I was leader. These experiences learned me how to control group member. I learned how to listen to opinions of other members and how to find best way among several ways and finally how to convince other to follow that way. Briefly being a leader is a valuable experience.

I believe the most important thing in a teamwork is success of the group. Sometimes I think that I should work as a simple member and sometimes I have some ideas so I want to be a leader. It depends on conditions, my abilities and goals of group. But most of times I think I have abilities to be a group leader.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
a group of people need to contribute to a task known ashave members who know teamwork

Leader should manage team and other members should follow leaderhim/her

A group member who is not leader, is less responsible and he has less stress

I suggest u to write this sentence like this one: "Managerial works, such as leadership of an organization, are considered as stressful works." After this sentence u can write about responsibility of leaders as a subtopic sentence.
For being successful,a group to be successful, it needs to have members who knowvalue the spirit of teamwork. ALl eader should manage and leadthe team and other members should follow leaderhim . This is the key feature of a successful group. I have worked in several groups and I have had different roles. Both of them, being a leader or a simple member, have their advantages.

You must say which one you like more as per the question. Otherwise say you like both roles for the reason of their distinct advantages.

Home / Writing Feedback / Which do you prefer? Being leader of group or just a simple group member.