Preferable essay: Should learn from books or experience?

iuerk19 1 / 1  

valuable lessons from individual experience

Some people state that books are the invaluable sources for mankind; therefore, people should learn everything in them. Others firmly believe that personal experience is the best teacher. In my opinion, I prefer to learn from my own experience. There are three main reasons leading to my choice.

Firstly, I can learn lessons effectively. Unlike a wide range of books containing informative knowledge and being based on theories,which is difficult for learner to absorb, experience makes myself understand everything immediately. Moreover, when I explore anything in my own way, I will feel excited to perceive it.

Secondly, it helps me to get a well-paid job. Actually, most of companies prioritise employees who get lots of social skills. Therefore, gaining as much experience as possible is key to have good jobs. For instance, I was a volunteer that taught rural children who were illiteracy last summer; I realized many moral values I have never learned from books such as the patience in job, teamwork skill and so on.

Finally, learning from experience makes my life more meaningful. In fact, I will have chance to meet different people with various characteristics, so I can follow their own successful stories and know clearly how to become a good citizen. Besides, it enables me to interact more with life and have vivid vision in the life around me.

In brief, it seems better for me to learn valuable lessons from individual experience. Because it encourages my curiousity to explore my life and brings many essential values.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@iuerk19
Welcome here. I am here to give you feedback on your writing. Hopefully, this will help you in the long-run!

Firstly, I commend the writing on the first paragraph because of its structure. You had maximized the usage of punctuation to work between different clusters of thought. Great job! What I do recommend for this portion is to minimize the usage of excessive language. One key question to ask yourself when writing with intent is: Is there any way for me to make a more concise version of this text? If the answer is yes, you can deal with this in this manner. If the answer is no, then you're good to go.

The bulk of the body appears to be alright, however you need to work on how you add depth to your writing. Remember that writing should not just be about uttering whatever comes to mind. Intention and prioritization are both to be considered as well.
OP iuerk19 1 / 1  
@Maria
Thank you for your valuable time to check my essay. I will try my best in the next essay!

Home / Writing Feedback / Preferable essay: Should learn from books or experience?