Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS Task 2 - the presence of senior citizens in a community is beneficial; life expectancy essay

ibrahiem 1 / -  
One of the consequences of improved medical care is that people are living longer and life expectancy is increasing. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?

In this modern era, the health care system has increased significantly that is supported by the latest equipment and hi-tech medical tools in order to emerge life expectancy that eventually account for increasing number of senior citizen. Although many people believe that this phenomenon have led to a range of drawbacks, I firmly believe that its advantages could surpass it.

To begin, it is believed that increasing number of elderly people causes a huge burden for their descendants due to they have to look after their grandparents in every single time whilst they do not have much spare time as they are quite busy of works. It is evident that most golden agers in western countries are quarantined in such retired houses where are built by local government. As a result, the government eventually could take over the responsibility of taking care of senior citizen.

Nevertheless, I argue that the growing of life duration would accounts for such positive effects for some reasons. First and foremost, once elderly people are still alive, they absolutely could share their life experiences to their juniors. It is easy to explore, for example, many retired Vietnamese soldiers frequently share their victory against American army in Second Indochina War in 1970's as that story could give young generation in Vietnam a new spirit of nationalism. Moreover, when elderly people are in good health condition, they absolutely could look after their grandsons and granddaughters as they parents are too busy during such hectic weekdays.

To sum up, although senior citizen are considered as a burden in term of time and cost, I strongly believe that they presence affects such advantages for the community. Moreover, they deserve such awards from their descendants or even the country as a kind of gratitude for everything that they have provided in their rest of life.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2 - the presence of senior citizens in a community is beneficial; life expectancy essay