The presented graph compares four types of transport in terms of the amount of goods transported

Amanda92 2 / 3  

goods transported in the UK

The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The presented graph compares four types of transport in terms of the amount of goods transported by each type in the United Kingdome from 1974 to 2002. Overall, it is clear that the most quantity of goods was transported by roads, while the lowest one was transported by pipelines.

The number of goods transported by water and rail was nearly 40 million tonnes from 1974 to 1978. After that, the figures for goods transported by mail registered a fluctuation until it reached almost 41 million tonnes in 2002. However, the count of goods transported by water had increased to almost 55 million tonnes in 1981. Later, it remained almost constant until 1998, when it decreased slightly before reaching its peak at 65 million tonnes in 2002.

Merchandise transferred by road accounted for the highest number all over the given period. Since the number was 70 million tonnes in 1974, then it showed some slight fluctuations until it almost reached 90 million tonnes in 2002. Conversely, merchandise that was moved by pipeline continued to have the lowest number with almost 1 million tonnes in 1974. After that, it showed an impressive increase as it reached nearly 22 million tonnes in 1995 and remained stable with this figure until 2002.

Phuongbo 4 / 9  
@Amanda92
I think that in first passage, you should write that road and pipeline not roads and pipelines.
Your next passage, you used too much " goods " ( I think ) , it can be superseded by products or commodities
You need to be accurate in your representation of the graph information. There is no reference to "mail" in the graph. Where did you get that? You meant "rail" right? Small mistakes, small deductions due to errors, eventually add up to big score lowering considerations. That's why you have to avoid making even the smallest errors in your presentation. Your information is inaccurate at that point and will result in point deductions for your essay under the TA section.

You also did not spell check before submitting the essay so you have a spelling error in the form of "Kingdome". It is spelled without an e at the end. That will affect your LR score as well. You also need to identify the type of graph so as to increase your TA score.

You also worked the word "merchandise" to death. Try to vary your descriptive words so increase the LR and GRA scores. Other variations of merchandise are "commodities and movables, among other reference terms for goods.

The length of the sentences show a mix of simple and complex sentences. Your presentation has some grammatical and sentence structure issues but it does not hinder the meaning of your presentation. Which means you can still be understood, even when the sentences could use more clarity in the presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / The presented graph compares four types of transport in terms of the amount of goods transported