Preserving friendships with our old friends or finding new friends?

sina_toefl 1 / -  

the ability to maintain friendships with old friends vs. the ability to make new friends?

Friends play a prominent role in our life, so it is pivotal for everyone to have appropriate friends. Apart from that, keep continuing the relationship with old friends is another issue. As far as I am concerned, preserving friendships with our friends is a precious ability to be happy although they would be few. I feel this way for two main reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

To begin with, we could set up a deeper and closer connection with an old friend than with fresh friends. The more a relationship takes time, the more we can know our friends. As a result, you would realize different aspects of the personality of friends, which means you can trust them better. Furthermore, when we build a good perception of our friends, we can predict their reactions certainly. In this regard, we would have a better sense and happier times. For instance, ten years ago I get admission from the university that my old friend, Sam, was there. Even though I found many new friends, my most valuable incidents happened with Sam. Since we know each other completely, we knew what to do to make happy each other. On the contrary, it was hard for me to hang out with fresh friends because I did not know them and consequently could not trust them.

Secondly, friends who know each other for a long time care about themselves better. Socialists liken the relationship to investment so that everything we do with our friends would turn back to us. Since people spend their best time with their friends, they expect their friends to give hand them when they get stuck in trouble. In contrast, people do not matter about the friends who do not them well for a long time. My personal example is a compelling example of this. I have a long friendship with my friend, Sam. Thanks to my job and my numerous travel, I find a new friend on every journey. I hang out with them, or I watch a TV show. However, my best and happier time is with Sam, for I think he will be with me for a long time, and we could contribute ourselves to improve the quality of life.

In conclusion, in my opinion, the capability of retaining a long relationship with an old friend is more precious and brings about more happiness for us than the ability to make a new friend. This is because a long relationship causes deeper and valuable connections, and aged friends with a long history in friendship care about each other better and more.
Well, the writer definitely makes a convincing arguement for keeping old friends and its importance to the social development and life skills of a person. I have to wonder though, rather than the long- winded response, why did the miter not simply say " I agree" then indicate the reasons why for further expansion in the upcoming paragraphs?

The writer has a problem with word usage though. A socialist is a supporter of socialism. A social expert is a professional who specializes in the study of people within a social setting. Proper terminology and word usage are essential to the increase of the writer's final score. word exercises should help the writer in this aspect. Time frame or Word tense references are also off in this presentation. Further studies in proper word formation basedon tense usage is a must.

Home / Writing Feedback / Preserving friendships with our old friends or finding new friends?