IELTS 2: prevent climate change or find a way to live with it

shinxg 4 / 7 4  
Some people think that instead of preventing climate change, we need to find a way to live with it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.

You should write at least 250 words.

It is argued that people should figure out how to live climate change rather than preventing it. This essay disagrees with this argument. Firstly, it will demonstrate that we can not always live with climate change and secondly, discuss why preventing is easier and more efficient.

Living with frequent and dramatic climate changes is impossible. According to the evolution rule, those who can adapt themselves to the environment survive. However, the adaptation to a novel environment often takes a long time. If climate changes frequently, many animals may die since they can not get enough food due to the bad weather. With animals dying, it will be harder for people to produce food. So people's living condition is going to be worse. For example, many animals died in the Ice Age, which shows that it is hard to survive after dramatic climate changes.

Compared to adapting, it costs less to prevent climate change. Climate changes have caused many disasters including earthquakes. Many people lose their lives when such disasters happen. Governments have to pay billions of money to reconstruct cities. If the government takes action in advance to avoid climate change, less money will be spent and more people can survive. For example, those countries that produce less carbon dioxide will spend less money on rescuing plants or animals dying of high temperatures.

In conclusion, it is highly recommended to prevent climate change instead of thinking out a way to live with it. That's because adaptations to climate change are difficult and it takes less to prevent it.
xtunx 4 / 9 6  
Your essay is quite clear, however, it is still lack of attractiveness and conviction to readers in your overall argument.

In the first paragraph, you have missed to point out that climate change affect DIRECTLY to people's health, which is a pity. I would recommend to put some examples and ideas related to this such as: more people are dying because the global warming; respiratory-related syndromes are becoming more and more common among people.

And this is just my PERSONAL OPINION that I think your sentences are quite too short. Perhaps, you should add more information to it by using Relative clause or some other kind. It's such a pity because I think your examples are quite short so they can't make an striking impression, which is a " should"

A tiny little mistake in grammar is that " So " is an adverb connecting to clause not to start a sentence

Overall, I can see your effort and your logic. It's impressive that there is very few grammar mistakes. GOOD JOB !!!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 2: prevent climate change or find a way to live with it